"Phishing scam targets MobileMe users"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
An e-mail purporting to be from Apple alerting users to a billing problem is, in fact, a phishing scam that's targeting users of Apple's online service, Macworld has learned. The e-mail, forwarded to Macworld by a reader, looks like an official communication from Apple regarding MobileMe, the company's subscription service that provides users with a personal e-mail address, Web hosting, file sharing capabilities, and online data synchronization between Macs, iPhones, and other devices. The e-mail states: "We were unable to process your most recent payment. Did you recently change your bank, phone number or credit card?" Users are then invited to click on a link to enter that information -- but that link opens a Web page in your browser that does not appear to be affiliated with Apple or MobileMe. (The other links in the e-mail do point to pages on Apple's official Web site.)
Read More

Goobi r u listening??

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Just look at the phishing site. It’s exactly like Apple.com. Even the search works. Awesome!

slugger

Banned
do people forget that each site has a unique address [IP/url] that can not be fudged

or are most mac-whatevers are so into icandee and design that they consider urls to be an ugly aberration people should not have anytihng to do with

Apple's new slogan "Beauty over common sense"

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
the phishing page :p
It looks oddly designed... :?
No, it doesn’t. It’s exactly like Apple.com.

do people forget that each site has a unique address [IP/url] that can not be fudged

or are mac-whatevers are so into icandee and design that they consider urls to be an ugly aberration people shuold not have anytihng to do with

Apple's new slogan "Beauty over common sense"
Uh… what does that have to do with anything? What relation does that have to this thread?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, the information you doled out about IP addresses not being spoof-able has nothing to do with people falling victim to phishers. Anyone who even knows what an IP address is will obviously never be fooled by anything as simple as a phishing attempt. You don’t even need to bother with IP addresses when the URL itself clearly indicates that you’re on rofilme.net, instead of apple.com, me.com, mac.com or even mobileme.com.

I know what your post meant but it doesn’t have any bearing on this topic. This is the sort of thing you post when you learn stuff by rote and never actually apply any logic when putting that knowledge to use in real life. And then you go around calling other “Mac-*”s and assuming that Mac users are stupid. Grow up.

slugger

Banned
........IP addresses........IP address......IP addresses......

.......a unique address [IP/url] that can not be fudged

;) :rolleyes:

any way i realise that trying to talk about anything meaningful with you is an exercise in futility, the time or inclination for which I do not posses

since you so value your last word....go ahead...say something/anything your heart so desires and have your last word on this issue, you won't find me responding to your statements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom