Opera is the fastest of 'em all !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Indyan said:
Khattan you didnt help me with onspeed,so i am without it.
Check your hotmail inbox
I sent to Gmail but received an error. I got the message back
Now if you want to make your hotmail inbox 250 Mb, goto tutorials section and look for the tut by me

Thanks for the help anyway
If you didn't get the mail, i will still help u
do let me know
khattam.khattam@gmail.com

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
And Opera is not the fastest
Compress the exe and dlls of Mozilla Firefox to improve performance and decrease the loading time in Firefox. Use UPX from www.upx.org . It is a command line compression utility. Download the program and extract the upx.exe to the Desktop (or any place). If you have installed the program to the default directory (ie c:\Program files\Mozilla firefox) Go to DOS prompt (Start| run| command) and follow the following steps You may even copy this file to a text file and save it as "something.bat" WITH the quotes and run it.

----------
upx --best c:\progra~1\mozill~1\*.dll
upx --best c:\progra~1\mozill~1\*.exe
upx --best c:\progra~1\mozill~1\compon~1\*.dll
upx --best c:\progra~1\mozill~1\plugins\*.dll
upx --best c:\progra~1\mozill~1\uninst~1\*.exe
@echo done
---------

Note that the batch file and the upx.exe must be in the same folder.

I have made a compression program which can be downloaded in the following address
*www.geocities.com/cyberdony2k/FFcompress.rar

The compression technique also works with other applications. The applications launch faster and give better performance if the dlls and exes are compressed. I tried compression with Nero Enterprize Bundled Edition, DeepBurner Pro, Cache Boost, B's Recorder Gold, codedll.dll of Advanced System Optimizer, Leechget, Ad-Aware Personel, Internet Explorer (However, Windows says that System files are replaced with unknown versions during compression of IE related files, but no errors have been experienced), Mozilla Firefox, Winpatrol etc and have had no problems. The programs launch faster.

How does compression Improve the launching time??
>> Actually, when an uncompressed exe of 1 Mb (say) is launched from disk, first the computer reads 1 Mb data from the disk and loads it into the RAM. The reading time in Disk is high.

When the exe is compressed, let its size be 600K. When the exe is launched, 600K data is launched and decompressed. This decompression takes place in the RAM itself so as RAM has high speed, we ultimately get faster performance.

This REALLY WORKS. Try it with some of your programs and you will feel the difference.

However, for safety reasons, backup your original files before compressing. Delete the backup only after launching the program and running it once.

PS: Use it at your own risk.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Well, you can use any browser but Mozilla is the best not only because it is a freeware because it loads pages lot more faster than IE, uses less system resources than Opera and works better than Netscape, if you configured it right with the tweaks avialable at *www.tweakfactor.com/articles/tweaks/firefoxtweak/1.html.

Not only this, it also has cool extentions which can be installed by going to its website via Tools| Extensions| Get More Extensions.

The extension one must install is AdBlock which is really simple to use and easily managable AdBlocker which blocks almost all the ads if you provide a better blocklist. Here's one I use. To apply this blocklist, install Adblock and save the text below to a text document and open Mozilla and goto Tools| Adblock| Preferances| Adblock Options| Import Filters and then select the text file you have saved. Remember that the first line should be [Adblock], even if you customize it according to your needs.

[Adblock]
*.ad-*
*.ad.*
*/ad.*
*/ad/*
*/adbot.*
*/adc_*
*/adclient.*
*/adcouncil/*
*/adframe.*
*/adgifs/*
*/adgraph/*
*/adimages/*
*/adinfo*
*/adlog.*
*/adlog/*
*/adrotator.*
*.ads-*
*.ads.*
*/ads.*
*/ads/*
*/ads?*
*/adserver/*
*/advert*
*/adview.*
*/altervista.org/*ad*
*/banners/*
*/housead/*
*/liveads/*
*linuxplanet.com*/ads/*
*/phpads/*
*/softad/*
*/sponsor/*
*/sponsors/*
*/tj_bs
*/tracker/*
*1096.00.spylog.com/cnt*
*216.65.38.226/header*
*a248.e.akamai.net/sec.yimg.com*
*_ad_*
*ads*120x90*
*ads0*
*ads1*
*ads2*
*ads3*
*ads4*
*ads5*
*/bans.*
*_borders/*
*_superad*
*a.p.f.qz.*
*a.r.tv.*
*a.tribalfusion.*
*-ad.cgi*
*ad_type*
*adbot*
*adclick*
*adclix*
*adclub*
*adcycle*
*adflight*
*ad-flow*
*adimage*
*adknowledge*
*adlink*
*admanager.*
*admaximize*
*admex*
*admonitor*
*adpulse*
*adrunner*
*-ads/*
*adserv*
*adsoftware*
*adswap*
*af.lygo.*/*
*amazesoft.com/*.gif
*astalavista.box.sk/C-AstaLink2A.jpg*
*aureate*
*avenuea*
*babescamp*
*banner*
*bilbo.counted.*
*bluestreak.*
*br.gcl.ru/cgi-bin/br/br15013_1.cgi?*
*burstmedia*
*burstnet*
*cdn1.tribalfusion.com/media*
*clicksor.com/paypopup/adstop.php*
*clickxchange*
*counter*.bravenet.*
*cracks.am/javainstaller*
*dist.belnk.com//4/placement/306/alt_offer/*
*doubleclick*
*dvdrhelp.com/images*
*extremeddl.webspace4free.biz/html/*.gif
*focalink*
*free.fr/img_une/*
*img.freexxxpages*
*img.thebugs.ws*
*img.mscracks*
*hitbox*
*hitexchange*
*hitlist*
*hitsites*
*houseads_*
*image.ugo*
*i.imdb*
*install.xxxtoolbar.com*
*i.us.rmi.yahoo.*
*imaginemedia*
*labs.com/store/media/images/*
*linkads*
*linkexchange*
*linkshare*
*linksynergy*
*media.fastclick*
*mediamgr.ugo.com*
*megagames.com/adimages/*
*megagames.com/news/graphics/*
*microsoft.com/downloads/2/img/MoneyDeluxe_587x159_F*
*paycounter*
*pagead*
*phazeddl.com/images*
*popup.*
*radiate*
*realtracker.*
*secure.webconnect*
*servedby.advertising.*
*spinbox.versiontracker.*
*spylog*
*thecounter*
*toolbar.azesearch*
*hemis.geocities.yahoo*
*trafic.ro/*
*us.a1.yimg.*
*us.f.yahoofs.*
*us.i1.yimg.com*
*valueclick*
*view.atdmt*
*ebopedia.com/icom_includes/toolbars/sbc/*
*adtomi.*
*.element/img*
*.linkbuddies.*
*.qksrv.*
*sextracker*
*viewad*
*x.mycity.*
*z.about.*
*zdmcirc*
*zdnet.*ads*

I've created the blocklist, (by the help of resources from the internet and browsing various sites), which even blocks all the Yahoo! ads and ads in most of the Crack Sites. Adblock with the above blocklist will make Yahoo! the fastest email provider, without ads and heavy flash images.
You may even customize the adblock according to the sites you visit.
You can block an ad by right clicking the image or the frame and selecting adblock image.
This will make Firefox not to download the same ad in future.

In addition, you may also use OnSpeed which is a very good Internet Accelerator and works with IE and Mozilla Firefox and almost all the browsers. Download it by searching from Google. It is a 7-day trial program. IF you still intend to use it illegally after 7 days, help yourself out with cracks. Don't mail me @ khattam@web2mail.com or khattam.khattam@gmail.com. However, i don't encourage you to use any programs illegally. But, i do so. All the programs I use are illegal until they come free with my hardware. I have illegal Windows XP with SP2 and all the latest updates. I even have latest version of ZoneALarm Security Suite with latest antivirus signatures. I'm not the only warez king but everyone in our country (not India) is. What can we do, wer need programs but can't buy them.

Whatever, lets come to the point. To use OnSpeed on Firefox or other browsers than IE or Maxthon, you should configure the browsers. Here is how you can do it for Mozilla Firefox:
> Open Firefox
> Goto Tools| Options| General| Connection Settings.
> Select Manual Proxy Configuration and
> In HTTP proxy, type in "localhost", without the quotes and in Port, type in 5400.
> Leave other fields blank.
> Done.
PS: I use FF 1.0.1 The same should work with other versions, I don't know.

You can control picture quality and hence speed by right clicking the OnSpeed icon in the taskbar and selecting settings and moving the slider. Until you are browsing a Photo Gallery, you should change the settings of OnSpeed to Maximum Speed. This will degrade picture quality and improve speed. If you intend to browse a Photo Gallery, change its setting to get Original Pictures. You can do this instantly. So after finishing the photo gallery surfing, you can switch back to Maximum Speed.
For more info, do not mail me @ khattam@web2mail.com or khattam.khattam@gmail.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom