{Open Source}Welcome to the Sue me first Microsoft list of names

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
What will M$FT do to FOSS people,do they sue?I'd like M$ to be sued for what other things they may have copied from UNIX and Linux into their closed source Operating System

Sue me first, Microsoft

From DTPWiki

Welcome to our "Sue me first, Microsoft" invitation page
Hello, and welcome to our Microsoft lawsuit invitational. This page is intended to be a place where people would like to join together to invite a Microsoft patent infringement lawsuit. If you would like to invite a visit by Brad Smith, Microsoft's head litigator, please feel free to add your name here. We are asking that people include their name, email address, version of GNU Linux disto(s) being used, and a short statement explaining why you are using that distro.
IMPORTANT! We have had so much traffic, we have had to close pages 01 through 10. Please now go to SMFM list page 11 to ad your name!

• 1 Not legal advice
  • 2 Assessing the (non) threat
  • 3 Why Microsoft is stepping up its threats now
  • 4 Why I am offering to be sued
  • 5 For Free Open Source Software users outside the US
  • 6 And now for the belly laughs section
  • 7 The Sue me first names list
Not legal advice

Is this risky business? Probably not. I am a lawyer, and I am not impressed by Microsoft's patent infringement allegations against GNU Linux users. However, I can't offer anyone any legal advice, because I don't practice IP law, and lawyers are not supposed to offer blanket legal advice on websites. So this is not legal advice, nor even a legal opinion. This page is just my personal opinion as to why I am not scared that Microsoft is going to sue me personally. I also don't really see them suing anyone else, frankly, but again, that is not a legal opinion, just common sense.

Why I am offering to be sued

I believe that Microsoft is hurting competition on the desktop, which affects me directly as a consumer of desktop software. I believe it is for the good of society for Microsoft's patent claims to be tested in a court of law. If Microsoft wins, then so be it. If Microsoft loses, then the rest of us can get on with creating innovative business models for desktop software. I am not challenging Microsoft this way because I hate Microsoft. I don't admire their software, nor do I admire their business models, but I am not challenging them because I want to sink their ship or damage their business or harm their reputation. I am really only interested in seeing whether their claims have any merit, which I think is probably not the case.
The other reason that I am offering to be sued and encouraging others to offer to be sued is that we will have the chance to show the world how many people really use Free Open Source Software directly on the desktop. Of course, all of us use Free Open Source Software when we use Google or YouTube or Wikipedia or Yahoo or the Internet Archive, because all of these companies use Free Open Source Software as an important part of delivering their services. And if Microsoft's threat just hangs like a dark cloud over all that innovation, we will all be the worse off for it. But I am talking about us uniting on one list to show the world how many institutions and individuals use Free Open Source Software.
Maybe this list will never go anywhere. On the other hand, it will be fun to try!
So c'mon, Microsoft. If I infringed your patents, show me. After all, I am one of the members of a distributed team of film makers who is trying to document the real world digital tipping point that is probably pushing you to rattle the litigation saber anyway, and I am attempting to use all Free Open Source Software tools to do so. If you can shut me up, all the better for you!

source:
*digitaltippingpoint.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sue_me_first%2C_Microsoft

Last edited:
OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
Are you aware of msft's history and reputaion?

(Score:4, Informative)
by walterbyrd (18272 on Friday June 08, @07:28PM (#19445893)

We are talking about a company that outright lied the USA-DOJ, and the EU, A company which has been caught red-handed in numerous scams, and outright theft. A company with a very well documented history of numerous mis-information campaigns.

Msft is funding the scox-scam, stold stacker technology, hires bloggers to post msft propaganda, hires shill journalists like Enderle, files dozens - if not hundreds - of bogus patents, and creates fake think-tanks. Msft is currently running a enormous fud campain against ODF - and ruined the career of Peter Quinn along the way. Msft has been caught secretly sponsoring fake TCO studies, and fake benchmarking studies.

Not to mention tax scams and racketeering.

Msft astroturfing:
*lxer.com/module/forums/t/24514/ [lxer.com]

Fake TCO:
*os.newsforge.com/print.pl?sid=05/06/23/2027 229 [newsforge.com]

Microsoft Tax Scam
*multinationalmonitor.org/hyper/mm1297.08.ht ml

Bestbuy rackteering
*consumerist.com/consumer/lawsuits/best-buy- attorney-admits-to-falsifying-emails-in-racketeeri ng-case-266395.php
[multinationalmonitor.org] [consumerist.com]
source:
*linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=237887&cid=19445893

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yes i did! Entry number 1407 here: *digitaltippingpoint.com/wiki/index.php?title=SMFM_list_page_11

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Naah.. nothing gonna happen.. That's the whole point of it! MS cant sue anyone! They just spreading FUD..

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
Never will they.if anyone will be try sue by M$,the FOSS community and the world itself will fight against the living devil from redmond. :x

M$ now wants Linux to be eliminated.earlier M$ followed "if u cant defeat them,U will buy them" policy.now FOSS movement and GNU/Linux cant be bought by M$ poor Ballmer and gates :lol:
yeah;they "bought" xandros and novell-but not FOSS communtiy anyway!
there is one moral of the whole incidences:
At some time ur monopoly will be questioned and de-throwned whether u like it or not-to M$ by FOSS
I fail to understand where it went wrong for US laws to carry this Monopoly for past 20 years sitting on their lap eating their(and ours) ears.No law making bodies questioned M$ monopoly until 4-5 yrs back;that makes the question why this much late?=answer is clear.M$ buys everyone except few intelligent souls and FOSS.
ps:now with patent game Linux and FOSS are getting more popular;thanks to M$FT and ballmer :lol:

enticer86

Stay Silent!
^^ agreed
n i hate MS... they just make crappy softs n screw us around...
sm stupid update [i use the original win xp-@8k a total rip off] and it made my ipod go dead.. Apple told me to send it over to them n they wud ship a free replacemnt.. When another pod got the same problem, i formattd the windows
:x

Now both pods r in the pink of health[touchwood] and the PC has updates OFF!

Pathik

Google Bot
MS makes good OSes.... they just cant stand healthy competition...
I use both XP/Vista and feisty/fc6 and cant do without all 4 of them...

rajasekharan

Youngling
yeah, MS makes good O.S

the only negative thing is that they are ..ummm (bastar*s), just cant stand anything that gives them competition.

now, thats the only reason that i hate the company for.

@pathiks...got one more vote...:)

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
Holy $hit...What in the hell is happening on mother earth...believe me I AM LOST...Some one take me home.....

eBRo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom