Status
Not open for further replies.

hpotter606

Journeyman
Hi
i just wanted to know what NVIDIA drivers are for. i know they are video drivers but will the improve graphics or using them i will be able to play games such as act of war. if have on board graphis with 64 MB shared memory.
please help

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ok u now got onboard intel graphics?? well nvidia drivers are for nvidia graphics cards m8.. :D u cant use em on ya sys as far as i know..

for wat r dirvers refer here

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Nvidia Drivers are for Nvida Graphics cards. These graphics drivers evolve in terms of performance and each latest driver has some better implimentation for using the hardware to its fullest. The result is a better performance. Now these drivers can only be used for Nvidia cards and not for your system as i think you do not have a nvidia graphics card.

swatkat

Technomancer
Which motherboard do you have? You have OnBoard Graphics, so you can go the Motherboard Manufacturer's website and update the Drivers inorder to improve the performance.
And as said above, Nvidia drivers are for NVidia Graphic cards or Nvidia nForce Onboard Chipsets.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
A slight qualifying addition to your replies if i may, guys, so that it won't confuse a novice -

nVidia drivers are for graphics cards (or onboard graphics) using graphics chips made by the nVidia company. The chip is called a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) and is at the heart of the graphics card although the card itself may be made by any one of a number of manufacturers.

Thus we may have graphics cards from various brands such as Gainward, XFX, Asus, MSI, etc. that use the same GPU made by nVidia, and they can all use the same driver software released by nVidia.

It is common practice to call these cards nVidia cards although the cards themselves are not made by nVidia.

Other points are adequately covered by others. Just thought I'd mention this because many people, including some hardware sellers, insist that the cards are made by nVidia.

OP
hpotter606

hpotter606

Journeyman
Thanks guys and thanks for the link to wiki bharathbala2003

i have branded computer from IBM.
I will try their site for driver updates
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom