Nvidia GT 650M Overheating in Samsung laptop.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
It's a myth dude. I think you are not familiar with new gen laptops.

No its fact. Laptop isn't for gaming and overclocking.
I've seen reviews of latest laptops, and the reviewers never compare performence of laptop with desktop for the same reason.
To put it in a more simple way, you can't run LSI or crossfire setup in laptop, and laptop graphics cards are very much low performing to the desktop cards.

vivek201

DPSS...
guys i'm back after some more investigation... and final figured out the another core problem... dedicated gpu is not the only problem... internal gpu is also a issue..

technical details:
so as we know dis laptop employs optimus technology.. so what dis is? well... ur exact output is always connected to intel vga... i.e. ur final output monitor... so where da heck nvidia??? :) nvidia sits aside always in resting mode... it only become active as when he receives some certain signals... like d3d calls openGL calls CUDA calls blah blah!!! or when intel gpu says he is not capable to render...

solution:
dedicated gpu overheat solution i have already given...
do the following steps to prevent overheat of intel vga and gaming exp will be awesome...
go in power settings.. click advanced.. scroll down to processor power options use minimum value 5% and max 75%.. (note: do dis step only if u think ur cpu is gud enuf or not doing any background processing)
next open intel gpu properties...
click 3D
filtering >>> application settings...
vsync >>> Force ON
check application optimal settings...
click power options....
select max battery for both profiles i.e. plugged in and battery...
move the slider to max battery...
done all....

enjoy gaming .. :D... like I do...

contact if any issues...

vkl

Cyborg Agent
I've seen reviews of latest laptops, and the reviewers never compare performence of laptop with desktop for the same reason.
To put it in a more simple way, you can't run LSI or crossfire setup in laptop, and laptop graphics cards are very much low performing to the desktop cards.

SLI and CrossfireX setups are available in notebooks,but are very expensive.Mostly alienwares,sager,clevo,deviltech and some others provide such configs.
The mainstream resolution in laptops is still 1366*768 though some offer 1600*900 resolutions as well.
At 1366*768 the load on GPU is relatively much lower so games which are less demanding can be played well with lower settings than that in a desktop.
Less demanding games can be run on high settings.
For gaming a well configured desktop is much better than a similarly priced laptop if portability is not much of a concern.
But if portability is a concern one has to go for a laptop which is capable of some decent level of gaming though not comparable to a similarly priced desktop

pratyush997

Inactive
Hi all ownera... Get in the group in my sig... Even i had the issue solved the issue by updating bios and clen install..get on fb will xplain u der... Nd yeah.d6mbg is correct lappy aint for gaming.... and high temps ..even dell av m14x trolls at 94c even it got all good cooling system ...and the issue you are facing is called throttling..its mainly cuz of cpu cuz of either weak psu, high temps(94 is max), drivers...dan told u but u replied ur lappy is good o_o

It's a myth dude. I think you are not familiar with new gen laptops.
NOpe it ain't

1. samsung sucks to the the professionalism.. u need to optimize a lot for gaming... first go into easy setting...turn off ur fan and power features there.. best if you turn off all features there which are meant for power, fans and devices...
One doesn't provide a GT650 at this price..considerthat

I would like you ti suggest to put Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste on both CPU and GPU and it's better to arrange a Cooler master notepal infinite evo. My HD 6770M remains about 60-75*C while gaming, though I don't use any cooler pad.
+1 but end up screwing waranty :(

Desktop>Lappy simple... cuz of overheating

*sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/74818_3709137734435_99682905_n.jpg
Even on such crapy port I get 35FPS+ on tex-high and rest med..

I would like you ti suggest to put Noctua NT-H1 thermal paste on both CPU and GPU and it's better to arrange a Cooler master notepal infinite evo. My HD 6770M remains about 60-75*C while gaming, though I don't use any cooler pad.
Your lappy got some cooling tech bro...

Vishnu Mohan

Right off the assembly line
do the following steps to prevent overheat of intel vga and gaming exp will be awesome...
go in power settings.. click advanced.. scroll down to processor power options use minimum value 5% and max 75%.. (note: do dis step only if u think ur cpu is gud enuf or not doing any background processing)

enjoy gaming .. :D... like I do...

contact if any issues...

I couldnt find ur so said processor power settings in windows 7...
It doesnt wrk man...the throttling persists and while playing Assasins Creed Brotherhood, cpu temp hits 87 and gpu hits 51.I couldnt find ur so said processor power settings in windows 7 n ofcourse I tried without changing the processor settings....

pratyush997

Inactive
I couldnt find ur so said processor power settings in windows 7...
It doesnt wrk man...the throttling persists and while playing Assasins Creed Brotherhood, cpu temp hits 87 and gpu hits 51.I couldnt find ur so said processor power settings in windows 7 n ofcourse I tried without changing the processor settings....
pretty good temps.. BTW As u r an owner, get in the group in my sig..

eldsfor

Right off the assembly line
Greetings... i don't know if this can help as a reference. I have the np550p5c s05cl, thats a i7 and gt 650m 2gb ddr3 gpu. I've been monitoring temps and here they are:

cpu: 45-50c idle / 70-75c full load
gpu: 38-45c idle / 68-72c full load

AND... aida64 also shows what seems to be the motherboard temp, which in full load reaches even 75c... that kinda worries me, but i don't know if thats too high or normal temp for the MOBO. Don't even know if where the sensor in the MOBO is located... i assume that if it's placed closer to the GPU or CPU it shows similar temps to them.

Hope this info could help and also would like to know bout my temps.

ps: sorry for my english.
ps2: btw... haven't been experiencing any throttle or fps drops.

;D

Top Bottom