nVidia display driver problem or ??? Plz help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eshansinharay

Right off the assembly line
My Pc Config
------------
AMD Athlon Xp 2600+ Barton
MSI KT 6v Series Mobo (VIA KT 600 Chipset)
512 mb DDR 400 Mhz (Kingston)
PNY Verto Geforce 6800 AGP
80 GB Samsung Puma
Monito 17" Flat (LG)
& other common device.

Operating System
----------------
Windows Xp Pro
Service Pack 1

Driver Info
-----------
VIA Service Pack 4.55
Realtek AC 97 Sound Driver 5.1 Channel New Driver Obtained from MSI 's Official website
nVidia forceware 61.76 whql certified obtained from nvdia 's official website

Problem (Serious ???)
---------------------
Everything seems ok while i'm using the graphics driver Forceware 61.76 or 61.77.
But the problem is when i've tried to use the nvidia 's official Forceware driver 66.81, 66.93, 67.02 or 67.03. My system restart's automatically after sometime (approx 5 to 10 min)
What can I do ?
I can't able to enhance my gaming performance by using latest nvidia driver.
Plz anybody help me. :cry:

Plzzzzzz....

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
omega drivers wont give you any performance imporvements for invidia cards. Plus they can mess up nvidia systems. So dont bother. They work really well with ATi cards.

I myself have a BFG 6800 and I am using the 66.93 drivers which works absolutely fine. Havent tried the 67.03 but didnt face any issues. Have you tried benchmarking softwares on urs system such as 3dmark03 or 3dmark05 ? they will test your card and see if there is any issues.

G

gxsaurav

First off all the only official drivers from Nvidia is right now 66.93, the 67.03 & 67.77 & the other in the series are beta,

Check weathre U R giving sufficient power to the gfx card, also, rebooting is a common thing with beta drivers, as they are unstable in many cases

OP
E

eshansinharay

Right off the assembly line
Thanx guys for ur reply.

At first i would like to say to amey_dude that the latest omega driver is based on nVidia's 61.77 core(Rel. 60 Driver). But 66.93, 67.02 ... & on drivers are specially made for Geforce 6 series & officially it says that its the nVidia's rel. 65 driver, which has more performance enhancement in our latest games.

I've tried nVidia's official 66.93 driver but with no success. 2 days ago i've dowloaded forceware 71.22 beta driver from MSI's official website & the funny things is that till now (almost 2 day's) i've no problem with this perticular driver version (Forceware 71.22). Now guy's what would u say in favour of nVidia's official 66.93 forceware driver. Till now i can't understand what's the problem with the official driver !

With 71.22 driver i've tested my PC with most common benchmarking software (3d mark 2003, 3d mark 2005, Aquamark 3, PC Mark 2004) with no problems. I've also played some latest PC Games like Half Life 2, Doom 3, Far Cry, MOH Pacific Assault. All games run fine with high res. without any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom