New battleground - The Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Saw this article appear in today's Hindustan Times and it had originally appeared in the Guardian. Read on to find more...

*technology.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,16559,1589967,00.html

Retro

Journeyman
Well, America claims everything is theirs. I seriously don't want anything like the split. The Internet is dead popular and is above all personal greed and country grievances. Seriously, you should kick the people who claim the net as their own.

godsownman

Padawan
Why are there ego battles and efforts to show who is more powerfull and who is less.
I feel that if they centralise there energies then they can come up with something better rather than arguing that I own then internet and you dont.

OP
Apollo

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Come to think of it, without too much thought, everything seems to be going alright, isn't it? I mean... granted America has a monopoly over the internet - the way how it works. But it doesn't seem to be doing too much wrong at the moment.

I don't know about egos and prejudices but if there happens to be a split... it will be a lose-lose situation for both the sides. India's name wasn't mentioned, me thinks.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
With the recent installation of Indian Root DNS Servers at 4 metros in india, India could be lesser succeptible to these kind of threats from US.

godsownman

Padawan
A similar topic is running in the Latest News section of this forum

I think you have not seen it .

Click Here

Regards

mario_pant

In the zone
this sux.... NO ONE IS TO OWN THE INTERNET.....
first wars.... then splitting of land... and now th internet... hey mannn y dont they get outta it.... the internet evolves continuously...even if america claims that the internet shud be theirs it wont be for long.. internet evolves like nature.... and the hackers are the catalysts.... even if USA takes over the internet... it would only be a part of it... and i bet that wud be the part ppl wud hate to goto because of the "cyberlaws' and regulations..... now in todays world.... there was only one thing were there was TOTAL freedom (ie. internet) and now they are talking of splitting it??? these guys are silly... NO ONE CAN EVER SPLIT THE NET!!!!!

planetcall

Indian by heart
GNUrag said:
With the recent installation of Indian Root DNS Servers at 4 metros in india, India could be lesser succeptible to these kind of threats from US.

Yeah buddy very true but still the Root Zone File and Root Servers are mostly held with US and this is the most concerned point. I really hate the monopolistic attitude of the American Dream. Now the topic has been raised globally and most of the countries are trying to get out of Sam's clutches. Undoubtedly US can affect the global route to a particular Country they chose to. I vision a global polarisation among the non NATO nations and kicking uncle sam's candy a s s.

*tcwozere.co.uk/smileys/sasmokin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom