Need help on Telescope buying

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Hi

My budget is RS 2000/- and i want to buy a gooq quality telescope for me and my son..

can you please suggest where can i get good quality in Mumbai

Thanks

lm2k

Journeyman
Hi

My budget is RS 2000/- and i want to buy a gooq quality telescope for me and my son..

Thanks

in 2000rs its really hard to find a gud well corrected telescope. Ebay has some diy kits starting frm 3.9k of newtonians but u wud hav to assemble it ur self plus get or build heavy duty tripod to hold it.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Hi

Thanks

*www.tejraj.com/konuspace4.html

Get your kids start on astronomy with this affordable kids telescope. See the heavens with up to 100X magnification. High-quality refractor telescope with all-glass multicoated optics

KONUSPACE-4 .. Rs. 2,550

Telescopes in Mumbai

Contact Person Mr. Raju Patel
Address 4th Floor, 10/12, Dr. Wilson Street, Off. Vithalbhai Patel Road, Mumbai - 400 004. INDIA
Telephone +(00-91) 022 -2386 56 49
Mobile No. +(00-91) 98702 03730
E-mail telescope@tejraj.com

Last edited:

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
depend on quality of mirror/lens and the casing used... afaik refracting ones are cheaper due to more simpler design....

lm2k

Journeyman
A 'corrected' refractor telescope uses a combination of lenses as objective(generally 2 or more) so it requires 4 or more surfaces to b polished very accurately while a reflecting uses a concave mirror so only single surface must be polished accurately so reflecting telescopes are cheap and are economical to make in larger diameters.but refractors have better contrast also better correction of coma and offaxis abberations that are still present in non maksutov reflectors.

lm2k

Journeyman
but arent most scientific mirrors around the world reflector type...?

bCoz its much cheaper to make a large gud quality mirror than to make 2 or more gud lenses of same diameter. And for such large sizes the mirrors grinding polishing is really done seriously.

Rockstar11

Technomancer
A 'corrected' refractor telescope uses a combination of lenses as objective(generally 2 or more) so it requires 4 or more surfaces to b polished very accurately while a reflecting uses a concave mirror so only single surface must be polished accurately so reflecting telescopes are cheap and are economical to make in larger diameters.but refractors have better contrast also better correction of coma and offaxis abberations that are still present in non maksutov reflectors.

thanks

Diameter 90 mm (3.5 ")
Focal length 900 mm (35.4")
Focal ratio F/ 10

can i watch this REFRACTOR telescope with Saturn Ring ?

lm2k

Journeyman
thanks

Diameter 90 mm (3.5 ")
Focal length 900 mm (35.4")
Focal ratio F/ 10

can i watch this REFRACTOR telescope with Saturn Ring ?

U hav to get a power of 25 and u can see rings of saturn ,but not distinct.more power means more details to some limit ,since its a 3inch refractor so some moons of jupitor wud also b visible but at higher pow(no idea about exact value).lower f number telescopes are nice to view brite objects like planets so f/10 is gud.
BTW 4 how much u got that?

Rockstar11

Technomancer
U hav to get a power of 25 and u can see rings of saturn ,but not distinct.more power means more details to some limit ,since its a 3inch refractor so some moons of jupitor wud also b visible but at higher pow(no idea about exact value).lower f number telescopes are nice to view brite objects like planets so f/10 is gud.
BTW 4 how much u got that?

Rs. 15,600

here full details
*www.tejraj.com/refractors-sk909eq2.html

but arent most scientific mirrors around the world reflector type...?

:confused:

lm2k

Journeyman
man also let these top u r list
1)BKP 1145PEQ1, Black Diamond, Sky Watcher Telescope
for-really cheap

2)BKP 1149 EQ1, Black Diamond, Sky Watcher Telescope
for-large objective diameter at low price

3)SK 1309 EQ2 & 130650P EQ2, Sky Watcher Telescope
for-viewing more faint celestial objects

with any of these u can see the rings of saturn and moons of jupiter.

as i said earlier for refractors 4(or more) surfaces need to b polished so their cost is more but better contrast and reflectors need just single surface to be polished accurately so its really economical to make huge diameter(which is really important advantage) mirrors for telescopes . larger the objective diameter more faint bodies we can see,so Newtonian reflectors are like rite bang 4 bucks, just keep the the object u want to view close to center of mirror.

Top Bottom