need help buying vfm printer

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
HP 1020 if only printer .Its VFM.I have it because the refiller at many computer shops told the
powder can be refilled.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Bump!
I have still not yet bought a printer.
Decided only printer is enough for me.
I am in extreme confusion with these two models.
Canon 2900b vs Epson l110
Hp 1020 also uses 12a toner but costly than canon

B&w vs color
High power consumption(say 300w) vs ultra low power consumption (say 15w)
High speed vs low speed
Waterproof vs scratch proof
No originals vs only original
2 year warranty vs 1 year or 15,000 prints which ever is first

I was going through some work so
I saw 2900b in a service center, Computer shop
I saw l110 in a ac dealer shop( talked, he said it takes super brouchers in color, uses on inverter) and in net cafe( he said cheapest cpp than laser but slow in high quality setting

Should ask if I can buy a low end Epson with ciss and waste ink tank
I saw in Flipkart that after 20k prints Epson ink pads will warn that it is full(400/- and 350 for resetting count in printer( done with software))
After that head 4.5k and many others

For dry print head problem I will try to print 2 photos weekly

I'm buying for home use

But in office/ business like showrooms,etc can any printer beat the TVSE DOT MATRIX PRINTERS? Ultra low cpp. I have 4 of them

Last edited:
OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
HP 1020 if only printer .Its VFM.I have it because the refiller at many computer shops told the
powder can be refilled.

Please tell me how many times you have refilled/ changed drum/cartridge/roller and spare parts
And total no of pages for 1 refill

Is toner save mode any good? Is there increase in page yield with that?

rdx_halo

In the zone
Can new HP printers be refilled easily? I heard that they are using chip to make sure that these are not refilled. I'm also looking for a good printer. Will print occasionally but need good photo quality.

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Can new HP printers be refilled easily? I heard that they are using chip to make sure that these are not refilled. I'm also looking for a good printer. Will print occasionally but need good photo quality.

PHOTO means only one word - go for inkjets, no lasers
there is a special photo printer in Epson with ink tanks L800
>if you print occasionally like at least 2 times per week color print go for Epson L-Series any model (depending on single function or MFP)
>you get ink in bottles for Rs.374 each mottle(Bk+C+M+Y= 374*4=Rs. 1500 nearly)
>very low CPP. the disadvantage is with other inkjet if red color runs out, you have to replace the whole color cartridge. but in this only the color which is low.
>you cannot use the printer in b&w if the remaining colors are low. in
>Other inkjets you get low page yield but in this CISS (Continous ink flow system) you get more

>so if you get this ink costs 1500 totally
>but in others you get 1000(say 500 for black and 500 for color) and LOW PAGE YEILD
>so your wish

but there are problems in Epson.
see flipkart review
I have had to use the printer continuously and hence found out after doing 20,000 copies the real headache starts.
1. Your Ink Pad life (Rs.650+350) gets over.
2. The head (about Rs.2500+350)goes kaput. Am about to get it changed.
3. The Service guys will make it more worse with strange solutions to try to keep the printer running before the final analysis. Mine told me to to keep the ink tank cap open when cleaning the head..:)
Frankly i wouldn't say this one is worse than the other competitors but for sure is as good as the others in the market. This one simply takes probably 5000 pages extra to start giving you your nightmares.

it is true for the ink pad life thingy but it occurs if you do print head cleaning more times i guess
and the head also spoils because of sir going inside blah blah if you run the printer when the ink is really low

but one guy stated in flipkart
CAN YOU IMAGINE TILL TODAY W.E.F. ,MAY 2012 TO MARCH 2013 THE TOTAL PRINT I GOT IS 30,198.
so it depends upon usage

I am confused to buy...still didn't buy..

Last edited:

rdx_halo

In the zone
Dear kARTechnology, it seems that we are on the same boat. I also read the reviews of Epson model with ink-tank. Their main problem seems in their maintenance hassle in long run.
The initial investment seems low as the ink is cheap but in the long run the maintenance of Ink Pad and heads will add up the cost as the warranty will be over by then.
And the printer will be mostly used by my father who due to his age won't be able to spend long time running after service center guys.

So I'm in a fix.

There is a HP Printer model HP Deskjet Ink Advantage - K209g Multifunction Inkjet Printer (HP Deskjet Ink Advantage - K209g Multifunction Inkjet Printer - HP: Flipkart.com) which costs Rs. 6390 and which can be refilled as per the reviewers.

A review by a fellow buyer
Last week i bought a HP Printer from flipkart considering the low maintenance for home usage. Price : 7299, Best reason to buy it offers upto 600 prints from one cartridge set which costs just Rs 650 for the original ones. Apart from that i made it a wireless printer and synced with Google Cloud Print service. Overall a great value for money considering i also run a Cartridge Refilling business i have some idea on this :)

You can go for this because the cartridges are not only low costing but also the printer offers pretty good Photo prints, just ensure you buy Klik Photo Papers which are just Rs1 / each for a 4X6" size offering you easy photo printing at home.

Ensure that you print once in a while so that the Ink Cartridge Head is not blocked and also when not in use make sure its placed in dust free area. This ensures that the cartridges can be reused next time by refilling at your home itself :)

No need to buy costly cartridges too if you can do a small jugaad which is more fun and interesting stuff. Remember filling ink in fountain pen when in school, this is also the same, except using a injection in this case.

Overall a excellent product.

But one little confusion, the Laptop which will be used with the printer is running on Windows 8 and as per flipkart the printer compatibility does not enlist Windows 8 platform. any ideas ?

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Dear kARTechnology, it seems that we are on the same boat. I also read the reviews of Epson model with ink-tank. Their main problem seems in their maintenance hassle in long run.
The initial investment seems low as the ink is cheap but in the long run the maintenance of Ink Pad and heads will add up the cost as the warranty will be over by then.
And the printer will be mostly used by my father who due to his age won't be able to spend long time running after service center guys.

So I'm in a fix.

There is a HP Printer model HP Deskjet Ink Advantage - K209g Multifunction Inkjet Printer (HP Deskjet Ink Advantage - K209g Multifunction Inkjet Printer - HP: Flipkart.com) which costs Rs. 6390 and which can be refilled as per the reviewers.

A review by a fellow buyer

But one little confusion, the Laptop which will be used with the printer is running on Windows 8 and as per flipkart the printer compatibility does not enlist Windows 8 platform. any ideas ?

got the l110.cant get ink to charge

got the l110...ink charged will post more tomorrow

OP
kARTechnology

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
So you finally bought Epson L110? Please share some views of print quality and if its compatible with Windows 8.

its compatible with win8 for sure...
I have it running flawlessly on windows 8

Could any one tell me what paper should i use for photo and how much it would cost???
speed is great on draft-quality prints...near to laser but not as fast as laser

I had real trouble tearing the protective cover on the ink bottles. they were so hard that my hands pain...i used cutting pliers but it also didn't work...took a sharp pin and tore it all the way, making my fingers with ink...
after that the printer refused to charge or whatever i didn't understand what it happened but only blinking lights but it is fine now

the paper feeder roller makes loud sound at first that i was terrified but it went down after taking some printers as when new rubber rollers touch it it somewhat rough after they wear then it is ok

and today my apc ups service man came..he said that he was not a ups service but he services printers and computers and he asked that if it was l110...yes...
I asked him about ink pads and he said that if i had competed engineering i will have the knowledge to remove the printer apart, remove the waste ink pad, wash it and refit it and reset the counter using the software in internet. he said if i don't clean and use only software to reset the counter it will leak from backside!(waste ink)
he said he takes 500Rs for changing the ink pads and resetting the counter
he said that it is only best printer series which are good than any other inkjet in low cpp but he said i should take a color page every day to prevent head drying.

no need to enter serial no. of the ink bottle in these new series. so it does not matter f you use nay ohter ink but it will void warranty and shorten the life he himself said this!

and it works with my WDR3600 router

Last edited:

rdx_halo

In the zone
its compatible with win8 for sure...
I have it running flawlessly on windows 8

Could any one tell me what paper should i use for photo and how much it would cost???
speed is great on draft-quality prints...near to laser but not as fast as laser

I had real trouble tearing the protective cover on the ink bottles. they were so hard that my hands pain...i used cutting pliers but it also didn't work...took a sharp pin and tore it all the way, making my fingers with ink...
after that the printer refused to charge or whatever i didn't understand what it happened but only blinking lights but it is fine now

the paper feeder roller makes loud sound at first that i was terrified but it went down after taking some printers as when new rubber rollers touch it it somewhat rough after they wear then it is ok

and today my apc ups service man came..he said that he was not a ups service but he services printers and computers and he asked that if it was l110...yes...
I asked him about ink pads and he said that if i had competed engineering i will have the knowledge to remove the printer apart, remove the waste ink pad, wash it and refit it and reset the counter using the software in internet. he said if i don't clean and use only software to reset the counter it will leak from backside!(waste ink)
he said he takes 500Rs for changing the ink pads and resetting the counter
he said that it is only best printer series which are good than any other inkjet in low cpp but he said i should take a color page every day to prevent head drying.

no need to enter serial no. of the ink bottle in these new series. so it does not matter f you use nay ohter ink but it will void warranty and shorten the life he himself said this!

and it works with my WDR3600 router

Thanks a lot for your detailed views. Its very helpful. I have decided to get a HP.

Top Bottom