Learning SQL:Should i join Oracle Database 10G from NIIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
i have learnt a lot from there.Very precise and neat for starters and even for pro level refrence.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Thanks for the Reply mate,that means i should join Oracle 10g course from NIIT na?

Yeah, if you wish. Some people can learn by themselves, some require help. If you feel you need help from a tutor, go ahead.

And if the book contains PL/SQL, then even better.

Amazon.com: Oracle PL/SQL by Example (4th Edition) (9780137144228): Benjamin Rosenzweig, Elena Silvestrova Rakhimov: Books

pretty good. Use it to brush up my skills.

(I'm a PL/SQL developer since the past 4 years).

w3schools.com
Best for beginners.

*w3fools.com/

Sujeet

Undead!!!
*w3fools.com/
LOL .....w3fools.com is made by bunch of idiots.
Its been a subject of debate for quite a long time and most of the mistakes which they have pointed is already fixed by w3schools.com.
Those jerks were unable to do anything productive so they did something foolish and the same reflects in their name.

More importantly almost all the errors that were pinpointed by those morons are non-critical and are for HTML/CSS/Javascript and not for SQL.

Please dont post misleading links.

w3schools.com is highly recommended and reputed site and many professional web devs recommend it personally .
I myself have learnt SQL/CSS/HTML from it and i am able to implement every piece of info from that site(w3schools.com) into my projects.

Since you have started it now i must finish it:
Jus quoting few notes from w3fool.com
www.w3schools.com/JS/js_obj_array.asp.

It lists new Array() as the way to create an array. The problem is that this is the old, slower way. The new way, [] is shorter and it makes you look cool.
Just check out the reasoning of these w3fool guys.

# www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp, www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp, www.w3schools.com/html/html_colorvalues.asp

This is all CSS stuff. It should not be listed in the HTML section. Additionally, the Color Names page lies: not all browsers support the 130 SVG colors.

No explanation needed.They have even resorted to do the honourable job of pointing the proper section for contents even when w3schools.com has clearly mentioned that the any offtopic refrences is for directional purposes and has been explained in their respective sections.

the whole damn page is filled wit trash like that.

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
its Not about improvement but about bunch of crap that lying on web that is quite misleading.
w3schools.com is an highly resourceful and informative site and w3fools.com sole purpose was to disregard it which they never manged to achieve.No need for further arguments.Period.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
W3Schools is not the "best for beginners" in any form or language. There are far better sites for learning those technologies than W3Schools. Stop taking this thread off-topic.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^will you name a few...just for the record?
Hey your VM and PM both are inactive so dont blame me for posting this here and going offtopic.

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
@All,this thread was about whether i should join NIIT for Oracle Database course or not,since i got the responses and had my confusion solved,i request Moderators to close the thread now because it is leading to Arguments and is also going offtopic: PL/SQL book,W3C schools etc????

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Available on Flipkart for Rs 550.

Flipkart.com: Oracle PL/SQL by Example 4/e * 8131728978: Book: Benjamin Rosenzweig (9788131728970)

(I realize, I should have done that at the first instance, my bad).

Thanks I found that eventually. And its my bad actually that I didn't searched. :(

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^will you name a few...just for the record?
Hey your VM and PM both are inactive so dont blame me for posting this here and going offtopic.
HTML5 -> Dive into HTML5.
Database -> DB-Class which I linked earlier. Covers lot more than just SQL. Video lectures though. Teach yourself SQL is available online as well, though haven't needed it.

Seek and you shall find. Nothing against W3Schools or any such tutorial but they're way too short to build concepts and secondly it's never a good idea to call anything "best" unless you have reasonably explored many, many alternatives. You are free to call them 'good' as per your experience though. :)

Thread closed as per OP request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom