IS it wise to buy W800i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
Hi guys i know that above gr8 fone is no more in production.But i am in love with it.A dealer in mumbai has a last piece to sell but without bill .Do u think i should buy?I have low budget.Can u plz tell me the best and lowest possible rate?
I am totally in love with this phone so plz dont name any other model as they r very costly.
Please reply soon ,
Thanx in advance,

M

mostwanted

if u really love the phone go 4 it u might get it in abut say 18k 20k.try bargaining hard.it maywork! if u still find it expen sive try the nokia 3250 it coms 4 arnd 13k 16k

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
18-20K for SE W800i? And that too without bill!!
You will get it within 12K without bill and it should cost around 15K with the bill.
mandar5, did you look at W700i? It is almost a replica of W800i and has almost the same feature set. The only thing different is that W700i comes with a 256 MB memory card and W800i came with 512 MB. Both, however, can be extended upto 2 GB. Both feature 2 MP cameras but W700i lacks autofocus. You should seriously give this one a thought.
Plus, you might the W700i with a bill at the cost of the W800i without the bill. If you buy W800i without bill and it later shows up some faults, SE won't service it for you. And handsets bought without bills don't offer any guarantee that they will function flawlessly. The shopkeeper may even be duping you.
Because you haven't expressly stated your budget, I am not sure about this but the W700i should be affordable. My advice would be to buy W700i. It's upto you eventually. :)

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
@mandar5.........

if your budget is around 11k, and you need average camera, FLIP and a WALKMAN phone, then may look at W300i.
Details here,

*www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=in&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1_1_1&zone=pp&lm=pp1&pid=10415

Else may try K750i

nirubhai

Broken In
closing price for w800 was 18k
so must be less than that
i suggest you go for w810i... it will be a wise buy!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I would advise you not to buy W800i or W300i. W800i is discontinued and since you won't be buying with a bill that will mean no supoort in case something goes wrong.
As far as w300i goes, it has got mono sound, so not much use of it being a Walkman phone.
I have done a comparision of W300i, W550i, W700i that I checked out yesterday. See this thread [ur]*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32119[/url]. See if anyone of those suits you.

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
Thank you for ur advise guys ,i have budget of 12k.I would like to reconsider my choice and would go for k750i.Do u think its better than w800i without bill.How is the camera ?I wanted to buy w800i just for the camera and walkman.Is the sound of k750i good enough like w800i?
Please reply,
Thanks,

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Camera wise 750i and the 800i are the same. 750i is a wise choice if you ask me if taking pictures is your main focus. However do remember that the W700i, a lesser variant of the 800i, comes with a 256 MB card and the 750i does not. So take your pick.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
W700i is almost same as W800i (which had some technical problems in Class 10 gprs,so it was dicontinued.)Lack of autofocus is hardly felt in W700i.It is SE's marketing tactic to promote W810i.
Presence of 3.5mm jack and nice "ear plugging" handsfree really makes difference between W700i/810i and K750i.At 13.6K W700i is a Gr8 cost effective phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom