Intex speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to buy the mid-range (5000-7000 Rs.) 5.1 Home theatre system for my SONY DVD player.
I am looking for Intex (5800W) subwoofer 5.1 music system. It's official site suggest that AC3 / DTS ready & Compatible with DVD/TV/VCD/CD. My DVD player has one "Digital-audio out" pin. The dolby digital & dts sound output by only this jack. I want to know that is there such a input jack available in Intex (5800W) system? What is the official price of it?
Is there other 5.1 speaker system available which satisfy my criteria?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Dun go for intex or like if u wanna use it for more that 1 or 2 year. Get a quality one like Altec Lansing, Creative or Logitech. Sure Intex wud have better bang for the bucks, but on long run itll turn useless.
I recoment to buy a Logitech Z5300 THX one for 10k-.
Its 200% better than intex 5800W. Z5300 is a 280W rms one which is sure to satisfy you. It has all the digital connectors u need. And the logo THX says it all.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Stay away from Intex. I can say with authority because I bought it and learnt truth the hard way.
Just follow suggestions of aravind_n20.

moshel

Padawan
one more vote against Intex...........

dont knw abt current good speaker systems....but dont throw your money away on intex and that includes frontech and tech-com too........why dont u check this months' digit, they have speaker system reviews.....look in to that....

i think digit rated Artis system to be the best...just go to some shop and get a demo first...for any system that u want.

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
aravind_n20 said:
Z5300 is a 280W rms one which is sure to satisfy you. It has all the digital connectors u need. And the logo THX says it all.
FYI there's no digital connector/decoder in Z5300. It can handle analog inputs only. So parimal_xp2003 has to get a decoder/the dvd player should have a decoder. Another option would be to let the Z5300 upmix stereo out from DVD player to 5.1. But he'll miss the surround sound in movies

@parimal_xp2003 - try getting a consumer grade HT system from Philips, Sony, Panasonic, Samsung ... That's what I can think of within your budget

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
5450 is pretty much useless unless you really need the wireless capabilities of the rear speakers. They should come at 30k+ in India...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom