IE7 Beta 2 reviewers: Watch out, Mozilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajas700

Youngling
A few brave developers have downloaded the IE7 Beta 2 Preview and are beginning to report back their findings. On the whole, they're pretty impressed. Sure, IE7 will kill a lot of independent RSS aggregators. But is Mozilla threatened?

Some brave developers have downloaded the IE7 Beta 2 Preview and are beginning to report back their findings. The main new features in IE7 are tabs, RSS integration and improved security. Plus there are various smaller added features such as a zoom control and address bars in pop-up windows.

About IE7, I'm actually using it right now to write this review. I can honestly say than from what I've seen, IE7 is going to be be a very hard blow to Mozilla. IE7 has great new features like RSS feeds and tabbed browsing. Also, backed by popular demand, IE7 is separate from the shell. That meens a more secure browsing experience

Bottom line: There isn't enough here to get me to switch from Firefox (or Safari :p), and if they don't reign in the memory usage I doubt I'll even install it, but when I have to use IE on a friend or co-worker's machine, I'll be very glad if they have IE7 installed

So although I'm not technical or brave enough to try the developer preview, it does seem to be getting reasonable reviews so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom