How to play mp3 in 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
Playin MP3's on 6600

I tried to play mp3's on my 6600 usin ultramp3 and mp3player and found out the following results...

1. wen i played the actual file(without further encoding) ......the sound quality was bad in both the players.

2. Wen I encoded the files into 24kbps files (using MMJB).....the files played very good in mp3player but the quality was bad in ultramp3.

3. I also tried to play ogg files (using ogg play) but the quality was again not that good....

After all this i came 2 a conclusion that mp3player is the best although many people swear by ultramp3(I don't know y???)

Now my question is....is there particular bit-rate or frequency range (or some good encoder) usin which I may better the sound experience on my mb???

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Try This:
sample rates of 8 KHz and 16KHz,
so save yourself some space and don't encode to 44.1 KHz stereo.

Bitrate: 64kbps for mp3

Encoder: dbpoweramp, Its the best for convertion.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
You will need this app: "Ultra Mp3 player", install it and you can listen to mp3 with your 6600..

But still the quality was not be that good..

Convert your MP3's to Ogg Vorbis (.ogg)

More info here -
*3lib.ukonline.co.uk/musicuiq.htm

Install OggPlayer on your mobile - Direct link to the latest build from the developer (exclusive to this forum :lol: :wink: ) -
*www.fig7.com/OggPlay/OggPlay.s60.1.0.6.SIS

Chuck UltraMp3 into the nearest bin. :lol:

-Keith

khandu

In the zone
to convert use.. dbpoweramp.. the best and free tool.. just download that and the ogg codec from its website.. right click on mp3 and convert

*www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

khandu said:
to convert use.. dbpoweramp.. the best and free tool.. just download that and the ogg codec from its website.. right click on mp3 and convert

*www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

Links -

DBPowerAmp - *www.dbpoweramp.com/bin/dMC-r11.exe

And Ogg Vorbis Codec from here - *www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs/dBpowerAMP-codec-ogg.exe

V

vishal_bhatia87

UltraMp3 is a paid software. Go for OGGPlayer - the best freeware I have seen.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession

The best thing to do in case of Nokia 6600 is to use MP3 Player instead of Ultra MP3.Since the output of 6600 is not that high as compared to the new models or Nokia N-gage/QD thus MP3 Player is preffered.It has a function of pre-amplification which is really useful if you want the sound output high.
vishal_bhatia87 sadi that UltraMP3 is a paid software.Even though it is paid you can't purchase it here in India (legally).

Edit[Nemesis]: Watch what you say here. If you don't promote piracy, then please don't encourage it by telling other people how to get cracked software.

Signing of....Hit the switch.

OP
bizzare_blue

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I think it is better to use MP3 player 3.02 for playin mp3's on 6600.....as far as encodin is concerned ....I use MusicMatch Juke Box 8 and encode the 128 kbps mp3's into 24kbps mp3's.....this config gives good output with MP3 player....

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
bizzare_blue said:
To ROLLCAGE::::

Can u tell me which player to use with these settings???

Man I was trying these at few sets ...

On the 7610 of my cusion .... I found that OGG PLAY is the best.

The, Ogg Play uses the Ogg Files...

The good thing is,.. when you convert the MP3 into Ogg format,
the Size is less than the regular mp3

So, I think its the best

Settings that I used:ך
48kbps at 16000 Hz

Since the 7610 has mono sound,
.. therefore there is no-use converting at sterio

At these rates the size was only fraction of a mp3 song

The download link is already given at last page...

I used dbpower amp for convertion.

Status
Not open for further replies.