How to disable push notification?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/noti_zps3mfag3a5.jpg

It started few months back, don't remember exactly when it started. Now I am getting this notification/pop up window when I login to some sites (like digit forum, yahoo mail). I don't get this in every sites, only few and only after logged in, not before. After I closed the browser and open the browser to login to these sites, again I have to do it all over. It's irritating, every time I need to click to allow/block. I don't even want this to pop up in the first place. How can I disable this in firefox? I have tried google to find solution, but till date nothing worked.

Any solution to fix this would be appreciated. Thank you.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Haha!! I have also faced the same issue.. Just check Turn notifications on or off - Chrome Hel

Open Chrome.
In the upper right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
Click Settings > Show advanced settings.
In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.
In the dialog that appears, go to "Notifications" and choose one of the following:
Allow all sites to show notifications: You’ll automatically see notifications from all websites.
Ask when a site wants to show notifications: You’ll get an alert from Chrome whenever a site wants to show you notifications. This is the default setting.
Do not allow any site to show notifications: You won’t see any notifications from websites.
You can also block any sites, apps, and extensions that already have permission to send you notifications. Just click Manage exceptions.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Haha!! I have also faced the same issue.. Just check Turn notifications on or off - Chrome Hel
You know any way to do this in Firefox?
I tried Firefox in private mode (aka incongnito mode in Chrome), but still I get that notification. :(

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Open the site which you want to block. Click on the i icon just before address bar, and block the push notification.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Open the site which you want to block. Click on the i icon just before address bar, and block the push notification.
Yes, that's what I do. The problem is I have to do it every time I login.

As soon as I login, this window pops up
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/1.1_zpsxyu93rjo.jpg

I get to pick one of these two option
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/1.2_zpsiqh4i280.jpg

If I opted for "Receive for this session", and there won't be any popping up. I click that "i" icon to I get these options
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/1.5_zpsuncdlnnh.jpg

If I opted for "Not now" option in step 2, every time I open a page, that window pops up until I do something to stop. I click that "i" icon and this opens
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/1.3_zps0nfc7ekb.jpg

I click at the arrow (where my cursor is in the above snap) to open this and I scroll down to choose the option "block" against "receive notification"
*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/1.4_zpsppupdelh.jpg

I have to do this process every time I login. I don't get this notification in IE. I though refresh/resetting Firefox would fix this, but didn't.

My preferences about allowing, blocking is just saved temporarily i.e, until I close the browser. I want a permanent solution which I couldn't find till now. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Ufff!!! :tired: Found a solution. Until now it didn't strike me to use the keyword "permanently" when I google :duh2:

To permanently disable
1.Visit about:config
2. Find the preference dom.webnotifications.enabled and change its value to false.

Thanks everyone :smile_NF:

Top Bottom