HDMI Cable for Monitor Price confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

outspoken

Broken In
Hi All,

I just got a 21.5" LED monitor for my PC.
I need to buy a HDMI Cable, the shop-keeper gave me a piece for Rs.150, which unfortunately got spoilt (pin-bend) as I was plugging it in :( .

I was surprised to find HDMI cables online priced at Rs. 2,000+!!:shock:
The cheapest I could find was a Panasonic for Rs.500.

Why the price difference? Is it worth going for the Panasonic or should I go an buy the Rs150 cable again?

Sarath

iDota
Since you have had a bad experience with one, better get a good one this time to avoid multiple 150rs purchases. My friends have a Rs.300 or 400 one from Brigade Road. Its unbranded but works fine.
I bought a Belkin one 1.5m for Rs.800 which works fine too. Just make sure you get the right length and don't spend more than 500 bucks on it. Can you link the panasonic one you are talking about?

OP
O

outspoken

Broken In
@Sarath thank you for your reply.
Yes will not spend more than 500 for a Cable.

Link to Panasonic Rs.500 cable. (Note to mods: I don't know policy of external shopping site links, but I am definitely not affiliated to anyone here! :)) )
Panasonic Video Cable Component RGB, 1.5m (RP-CVCG15GK) . Buy Best Panasonic Video Cable Component RGB, 1.5m (RP-CVCG15GK) at Lowest Price Online

OP
O

outspoken

Broken In
Okay, I have finally decided to go and buy the reasonable cheapest cable I can get.
I am in no hurry as the VGA cable is doing great anyway...
For others future reference I put the following links:
CNET Recommendation to go for the cheapest HDMI Cable, a must read!
CNET Quick Guide: HDMI and HDMI cables - CNET Reviews

Some other Cable links to ensure I don't appear biased!
HDMI : Buy in India @ Flipkart.com

Apparently "Red Head" cables listed above support HDMI 1.4 so are supposedly better :D :greedy:
If you read the CNET review carefully first, you will see why the smilies!

OP
O

outspoken

Broken In
Thanks everybody, I got a 2Meter cable for Rs. 200/-
The shopkeeper told me he is giving a Dell cable (though no name exists, it was packaged in a OEM sealed packaging).

saswat23

Human Spambot
Check here:
Tv Out Cables: Gamingconsole Accessories List: Flipkart.com
and
Buy Red Gear HDMI Cable 2 mtrs at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ In a word, overpriced. Next time, buy them from local market instead of going for so called branded ones.

OP
O

outspoken

Broken In
where did you buy 2m (Rs 200) cable from, which shop, plz give the details.

Bangalore, Near SP Road. Actually, perpendicular to SP Road, there are many shops. They sometimes offer better deals than SP Road.

Note: The Cable he sold to me was an OEM cable, i.e. packaging is basic no fancy. It is working gr8 (obviously, what can happen to a cable :lol: ).

The monitor<->mother board combo, on the other hand, is a rant for another day...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Belkin has good HDMI I use them... :grin:

Thanks everybody, I got a 2Meter cable for Rs. 200/-
The shopkeeper told me he is giving a Dell cable (though no name exists, it was packaged in a OEM sealed packaging).

It must be removed from DELL monitors package..& shopkeepers make a profit of more than 200 :x

clmlbx

Technomancer
You can get Cable Around 100 too but buy cable at least around 200. well their is no brand so telling price.. Most important thing in Cable is it's length. If you wish to buy Shorter length cable(1-1.5M) then buy any local brand it will work perfectly IMO but if you want to buy lengthier cable then go for branded one..

long cable will always need quality to give you perfect picture and colors so it is better to buy branded one. In shorter cables you won't find any difference in picture quality and color but as you go for lengthier cables you will see very visible difference between branded and local cables..

And this Cable formula works in any cable if it is Display(VGA,DVI,HDMI) OR Cable for sound or Networking Cable.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
There are various gimmicks like "gold plated" HDMI cable. HDMI = digital signal. If the signal reaches from one end to the other end, it works. Otherwise it doesn't work. Sasta cable works fine.

my question is will sound also connect in this hdmi cable
HDMI = DVI + Sound. If the source has sound, HDMI cable will carry sound.

Don't bump an old thread btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom