God of War: Ascension - Discussion

Aerrow

Journeyman
did the game actually let you play as child Kratos??? Well whatever it is the game is gonna be simply awesome!!!!:cool:

yeah.. a little while... so, i dont think they will follow that route.. I am also routing for the spartan warrior era....

godofwar

Broken In
The first was good. The second was ok. The third was epic with its graphics.! Although, way too much violence and gore was included.:shock: I still really feel that the first part is the best for gameplay.! Especially the Minotaur boss fight.! Not sure what they are going to do with 'Ascension'.:twisted:

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Even I like the first more. Especially the sight of Pandoras temple on a Titan, wow!

3 was good but the Gods died too easy.

2 has completely escaped my memory.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
stuff that should return in Ascension(assuming game is based when kratos was a general in the spartan army)
  • if no blades of chaos then this makes perfect sense :Arms of Sparta(kratos' weapons while he was a general in the spartan army,featured in God of War:Ghost Of Sparta and my favourite wep in that game)
  • Those kinds of *mini-games*;-) :-D(and i'm not talking about QTE's)Kratos has a wife(alive hopefully).you get the point
  • Magic/Spells : Kratos was a greek god's B@$t@rd,He should have atleast some lightning powers.........

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
His wife and kid will most likely be dead. If they were alive, he would have no ashes on him, which would make it look normal. No one wants a normal looking Kratos.

Since he is a demi God, he will be powerful as hell no matter which arc we are looking at. I don't think they can take out the blades of chaos. They are iconic of the game. Might be something similar. Can't speculate but the trailer did show he had them.

godofwar

Broken In
Even I like the first more. Especially the sight of Pandoras temple on a Titan, wow!

3 was good but the Gods died too easy.

2 has completely escaped my memory.

I really would have liked it, if they had created more 'gods' for us to kill in the third installment. :twisted:

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Check this out

God of War Ascension - Multiplayer Gameplay - HD 720p - YouTube

OP updated

[YOUTUBE]yUHtt9sUtw4[/YOUTUBE]

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
His wife and kid will most likely be dead. If they were alive, he would have no ashes on him, which would make it look normal. No one wants a normal looking Kratos.

Since he is a demi God, he will be powerful as hell no matter which arc we are looking at. I don't think they can take out the blades of chaos. They are iconic of the game. Might be something similar. Can't speculate but the trailer did show he had them.

dude, looks like SM partially spilled water on your hopes : gamespot article on MP gamelay
qoutes from article
my reactions in italics
as the game takes place prior to the events of the console trilogy, his body appeared bronzed, rather than ashen white, not yet carrying the shameful mark of his slain family(so we will see wife mini-game after all, ;) ).
As the camera panned around to show us the scene, he pulled on a large helmet to protect his skull. He's not yet a god, and the security it affords was an early indication of his frailty
The action kicked off immediately as a small Cyclops burst through a corridor doorway. With no Blades of Chaos(wtf?) with which to lash out and grab our target, we rushed forward with a huge, ornate sword in hand
(a la War from Darksiders)

Single Player

As a result, Sony has given-out some tidbits that should satiate the hungry fan for the time being. "God of War: Ascension is a prequel that will show Kratos' emotional path of redemption, while detailing the rise of his rage to break free from Ares' bond," Sony notes, telling us a bit about what little we already knew.
However, more detail is later given. "Six months after being tricked into killing his wife and child, a younger Kratos is sentenced to a life of madness with the Furies, caged in a titan sized prison for the living damned. Fighting insanity, his will is tested to the limit as he seeks to break his bond and gain the clarity to seek revenge on Ares for his part in the death of his family. Armed with double-chained blades, Kratos must take on mythology's darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest for redemption."
source

Last edited:
OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
Yeah that was the first thing I noticed, he is just a human now and doesn't have the blades. Well quite a refresh then. I feel bad for the cyclopes though.

BTW we should keep in mind that he is still a demi-God, son of Zues, although Kratos doesn't know it himself. :D

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
:hyper:[NEWS]:hyper:
God Of War : Ascension E3 2012 gameplay trailer and release date announced
release date : March 13 2013
The E3 gameplay footage can be seen below, and despite being a prequel, it’s clearly still classic Kratos as he slaughters some goat-like foes(satyrs you dumbass) with ease, and uses new, telekinetic, or time-bending abilities to proceed, and continues to fight a giant kraken, and a rather irritated elephant warrior(will it be called G@np@ti?:wink: that looks like an indian elephant :twisted: :grin: :wink:). The footage ends in suitably spectacular fashion, and the whole sequence demonstrates the GoW series ability to flow from one epic situation to the next with ease, creating an experience that few other games outside of Uncharted have been able to match

A live-demo of God of War: Ascension's single-player campaign gave us a look at Kratos' new combat stylings, which looks to be faster, typically violent, and filled with experience orbs. Kratos can now manipulate the environment to create usable platforms from wreckage, pick up weapons on the ground (or in the backs of corpses) for use against enemies, and rewind time.

Camera angles tighten as Kratos clobbers enemies, and widens to present the grand scope of certain settings. He can now slam the ground for a devastating area-of-effect attack. Kratos climbs, kills, and kicks elephant-man mini-boss ass as expected.
source
Source
E3 gameplay trailer

[YOUTUBE]<iframe width="640" height="360" src="*www.youtube.com/embed/zIk_Ja2XPyQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]
God of War Ascension E3 2012 Live Demo Gameplay HD 720p (Stream) - YouTube
:grin: :grin:God Of War : Ascension Collector's Edition detailed at E3:grin: :grin:
Sony has lifted the lid on a sumptuous God of War: Ascension Collector’s Edition pack.

Set to retail for a rather wallet-draining sum of $79.99, this special bundle will feature a steelbook case, the official GoW: Ascension soundtrack, a PS3 dynamic theme & PSN avatar pack, double XP points for multiplayer, plus a DLC pass to gain access to future post-launch content at no extra cost.

The real star of the show however is an 8 inch statue of Kratos, which Sony notes fans have been waiting to get their mitts on for quite some time.

As with any CE release, copies will be limited so be sure to get your pre-orders in sharpish. However, regardless of which version you plump for (that being either the CE or standard release), you’ll gain access to the Mythological Heroes Multiplayer DLC Pack, which will be available at any participating retailer.
source
Oh, please God, GoW : ascension PS3 bundle GoW : ascension PS3 bundle GoW : ascension PS3 bundle GoW : ascension PS3 bundle GoW : ascension PS3 bundle GoW : ascension PS3 bundle GoW : ascension PS3 bundle GoW : ascension PS3 bundle......................

with the release of this game Nate will surely have to suck Kratos' Godly D!ck :twisted: :grin:

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Elephant mutant.

Something tells me that this game will have a very hard time releasing in India. Religious politics :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
Not at all impressed.Cant understand a thing here.Some People who have finished gow3 may agree with me.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
The story is about the journey of Kratos before he was Ghost of Sparta. Technically this game will be first game in chronological in order.

quan chi

mortal kombat
exactly thats the problem then how he still has that blade of chaos.Then what was God of War: Chains of Olympus.
(Though i havent played chains of olympus yet)

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
this should explain why he still has the BoC.and why is he is still Porcelain White(if he was in some other color,Bikers would have protested in font of santa-monica
“Set in the realm of Greek mythology, God of War: Ascension is an epic adventure that allows players to take on the climactic role of the ex-Spartan warrior Kratos as he finds a way to break the blood oath that binds him to the god, Ares. Six months after being tricked into killing his wife and child
(A$$holes.
for a change,i wish we could play the mini-game ;-) with Kratos' wife,but alas shes not alive :sad:)
, a younger Kratos is sentenced to a life of madness with the Furies(Hades' 3 special bat-winged hags to torture his "favourite":wink::twisted: souls), caged in a titan sized prison for the living damned(Hades is a B!tch). Fighting insanity, his will is tested to the limit as he seeks to break his bond and gain the clarity to seek revenge on Ares for his part in the death of his family. Armed with double-chained blades(Blades of chaos,stop converting weapons names to n00b-speak, Sony.), Kratos must take on mythology's darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest for redemption.”
source
my reaction in Blue

Last edited:

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
the same "plot" in the official site
God of War: Ascension™
BEFORE HE WAS A GOD, HE WAS A MAN

Vengeance is born in the fires of betrayal in this prequel to the best-selling God of War® franchise. Six months have passed since Kratos stood over the bodies of his wife and child, his hands stained with their blood - tricked by Ares into murdering the only people he ever loved. Swearing to avenge them, Kratos broke the blood oath that bound him to Ares, but oaths to Olympus are not so easily broken...

Sentenced to an eternity chained within a prison for the living damned, Kratos battles insanity at the hands of the Furies. He will be tested as he seeks freedom, redemption for his sins, and the clarity to avenge his family.
God of War: Ascension? Teaser

*blog.godofwar.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/KratosVsHulk-960x849.jpg
who will win?
we all know Kratos' ability to kill things way larger than him :wink :twisted: :grin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom