Gaming Rig for 50k

deimos12b

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys. I'm looking build a PC around 50k just for gaming and rich multimedia experience. Please suggest me a suitable configuration

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Gaming, HD-Multimedia

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 50000

4. Planning to overclock?
A: No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 1TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A: 20 - 22 inch depending on the budget availability

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Yes, Partially

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: 2 days

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Everything included except for mouse, keyboard and ODD (I ve a G1)

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Chennai - I ll buy here locally

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: I ve a configuration on my own, Need your suggestions, Corrections or anything. Please do give your own configuration if mine is not upto the mark

Phenom II SIX X6 - 1055T 2.8GHz, 9M, AM3 9975
ASUS M4A78STD-V-EVO AMD785G
Seagate 1 TB (32MB) SATA
Corsair DDR 3 -1333 2 GB X 2
1GB 5750 ATI PCX-16X,D,DDR5 - MSI
Corsair VX550
Cooler Master Chasis CM 690 II Plus ADVANCE
DELL LED 20" - IN2020M
Creative 2.1
APC 650VA

pegasus

Journeyman
Not sure if you need an X6 but the X6 1055T is a VFM processor if used properly.
*www.deltapage.com/
If you are buying a graphics card and don't need onboard graphics, you may take a look at the ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 or M4A87TD EVO.
The new motherboards from ASUS come with ASUS dual intelligent processors that provide great overclocking and low power consumption apart from other good features.
*www.tomshardware.com/us/press/motherboard-TPU-EPU-30
ASUS Motherboard with Dual Intelligent Processors - TPU & EPU

For gaming , it's better if you get a HD5770 or GTX460 1GB.

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz @ 10.25k
Zotac GTX460 1GB GDDR5 @ 12.7k
MSI 880GMA-E45 @ 5.8k
gskill ripjaws 2*2gb kit @ 6k
wd blue 500gb @ 2k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
Cooler Master Elite 430 @ 2.6k
lg dvd @ 1k
benq g2220hd lcd @ 7.4k
logitech mult. keybd + mouse @ 0.8k
altec lansing vs 2621 @ 1.6k
apc 650va 2.8k

total:- rs. 57.1k

well this is a bit over your budget so let others do some price cutting....

Cilus

laborare est orare
For gaming and rich multimedia experience, a quad core is sufficient, you don't need a 6 core processor. And since your are not planning for overclocking, then a Non Black Edision processor will be sufficient for your needs.
Here goes your config:-

Phenom II X4 945 3GHz @ 7k
Gigabyte GA880 UD2H @ 4.5k
Kingston 2 X 2 GB DDR3 1333MHz C9 @ 4.6k
Zebronics Reaper @ 1.7k or NXT Gama @ 2k
keyborad & Mouse @ 0.6k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 3k
LG 22x SATA DVD Writer @ 1k
BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 7.5k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k
VTX3D HD5850 1GB GDDR5 @ 15.2k

Total is 49.2k + Vat.
I'll suggest you to get the UPS after some time. Other wise get Zotac GTX460 1GB GDDR5 @ 12.7k and get the UPS with rest of the money. This system will give you very good performance due to the presence of a fast quad core processor (3 GHz) and a very powerful graphics card (HD 5850). All the games are playable with high settings.
An for monitor, don't waste too much money for LED monitors. apart from being very slim, the quality difference is not worthy of the extra money. For Full HD (1080P) experience, get the BenQ G2220HD. I personally own this baby and it is a fun to watch the Blue Ray movies on it. In fact it is better than some of the big brands having a greater price tag.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
For gaming and rich multimedia experience, a quad core is sufficient, you don't need a 6 core processor. And since your are not planning for overclocking, then a Non Black Edision processor will be sufficient for your needs.
Here goes your config:-

keyborad & Mouse @ 0.6k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k

Total is 49.2k + Vat.
I'll suggest you to get the UPS after some time. Other wise get Zotac GTX460 1GB GDDR5 @ 12.7k and get the UPS with rest of the money. This system will give you very good performance due to the presence of a fast quad core processor (3 GHz) and a very powerful graphics card (HD 5850). All the games are playable with high settings.
An for monitor, don't waste too much money for LED monitors. apart from being very slim, the quality difference is not worthy of the extra money. For Full HD (1080P) experience, get the BenQ G2220HD. I personally own this baby and it is a fun to watch the Blue Ray movies on it. In fact it is better than some of the big brands having a greater price tag.

Beautifully balanced rig there Cilus.
I'd like to suggest gSkill ripjaws gaming memory 2 x 2 1333mhz @ ~5
Also, the Zotac GTX460 1GB GDDR5 @ 12.7k is a good option to go as it is only slightly weak than 5850.
Also, I personally dont think its necessary for a non-oc'er to go with non-BE AMD CPU.
You and I, both own p955, and you cant deny the excellent performance it gives.
Besides, its only 1k more than 945. And even if the op does not want to overclock, he can still tinker through with real time oc tools which i may are (mostly) harmless.
As for BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor, I cant wait to get my hands on this thing. Its been 3 months now after when my sister broke the stand of my 15'' CRT and since then I'v been begging to my dad.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Thanks toad_frog09. Ya, you are right about Phenom II 955, it is really a beast in right hands. I was able to OC it to 3.8 GHz sometimes and with a decent CPU Cooler, 4 GHz is possible.
But for casual gaming within a budget of 50k, I think P II 945 will also do the job. In fact it can also be overclocked by tweaking the voltage. The other reason is the street price of it is actually lower. In Kolkata it is available within 7k.

And regarding the BenQ G2220HD, I can say one word: Just Get it.

OP
D

deimos12b

Not sure if you need an X6 but the X6 1055T is a VFM processor if used properly.
*www.deltapage.com/
If you are buying a graphics card and don't need onboard graphics, you may take a look at the ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 or M4A87TD EVO.
The new motherboards from ASUS come with ASUS dual intelligent processors that provide great overclocking and low power consumption apart from other good features.
ASUS Offers Dual Intelligent Processors
ASUS Motherboard with Dual Intelligent Processors - TPU & EPU

For gaming , it's better if you get a HD5770 or GTX460 1GB.

Thanks Pegasus, Im trying to get all these from Delta and props for the heads up regd the motherboard, I ll consider it if im going for X6

keyborad & Mouse @ 0.6k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k

Looks neat, but is there any replacement for the cabby (like CM 690 II or ThermalTake) and the GPU, Cos I was thinking abt ATi 5770 and replace MB with Gigabite 880G as Im looking to future proof it in case I'm going for x6 in near future. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also do you think i should be going for any water cooling system or extra fans ?

@toad_frog09 -- Thanks for the suggestion, even i was thinking the same

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
dont get x6 for for gaming purposes. its only good for rendering and all.
also that motherboard mentioned by cilus is also gigabyte 880g although the southbridge is sb710 instead of sb850. it supports the x6.
hd5850 is much better than hd5770 and is well within your budget, get it.
cm 690 out of your budget. the cabinets mentioned by cilus are nice.
water cooling is not needed at all!

rahul.007

bORn To RIse....
Well benq g2220 is truly a beautiful babe which is vfm.. : ) and p955 is a beast.. I myself kept it at 3.6 ghz with stock cooler for about 2 weeks.. OP should go with cilius's config after swapping p945 with 955.. Its very easy to oc.. No need to tweak voltages, just set the required multiplier, run some tests n you r gd to go.. Its espcly gd fr fst timrs..

Cilus

laborare est orare
deimos12b, if you want a future proof motherboard then probably you should be thinking about USB 3 and SATA 3 support. The motherboard I've suggested supports X6 by default but does not have SATA 3 and USB 3. If you want them, then spend extra 1.3k to get hands on MSI 880GMA-E45 @ 5.8k.
It is having both SATA 3 and USB 3. Then probably you should go with GTX 460 1 GB to be within your budget. And forget about HD 5770 as it will not be able to keep up with high gaming in full HD.

So the modified contents are:
Phenom II 955 @ 7.7k
MSI 880GMA-E45 @ 5.8k
Zotac GTX 460 1 GB @ 12.5k

OP
D

deimos12b

Thank you all... Will keep cilus's config in mind ... but im going for CM 690 adv ... added 5k to my budget guys ... will post u guys as soon as I get all these ..

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Well benq g2220 is truly a beautiful babe which is vfm.. and p955 is a beast.. I myself kept it at 3.6 ghz with stock cooler for about 2 weeks.. OP should go with cilius's config after swapping p945 with 955.. Its very easy to oc.. No need to tweak voltages, just set the required multiplier, run some tests n you r gd to go.. Its espcly gd fr fst timrs..

Even if they cant increase the multiplier (duh!), they can still use the realtime options to increase the frequency.
Btw, i was able to oc it to 3.6 on stock. But i run it at ~800mhz, 1.1v. Still runs smooth.
Also, watercooling is only necessary when your planning to oc i7 equivalent by 25/30%.
Tomshardware's got a beautiful article about it.
Well the op might not read this, but brother, if you added another 5k to your budget, then I might suggest you invest in better graphics card rather than on costly cabby. Gamma is a good piece @ resonable cost. M59 is also good.
Nevertheless, if you are SO much intrested in looks, then get costly but worthless iball bullet or zebby equivalent.

Top Bottom