Gaming on Big Screens

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I connected my Laptop to my 55" LED TV to see how gaming looks and What I noticed is I am hardly able to play for more than 1 Hour. I felt like gaming on Big Screens requires more attention or focus. Which I never ever felt on my 22" Monitor while gaming for more than 8+ hrs. Is it just me or you believe the same ?

I think gaming on much larger screen will tend to loose focus, for Screens > 65,77,85 or even a projector screening on 100".

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

How close are you sitting?

Sit far enough and change fov and try once.

What type of game are you playing?
Any game. Hack& Slash, FPS, Racing etc

Sitting around 6 feet away

On my 22" Monitor I sit 3~4 feet away and find no issues at all. Monitor is 60Hz

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
IMO, if you are gaming on a desktop, around 27'' is the sweet spot. If anything goes above that, you should keep your distance from the screen and set FOV to a lower value so that you don't feel vertigo.

The issue with text size is a different matter.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Overall I feel that screens > 27" are not suitable for Gaming for long duration.
The smaller the screen the better the gaming experience and long play. Like people enjoy handheld consoles (Switch, GameBoy, Mobile, PSP) due to their small screen size for longer duration.

khalil1210

In the zone
Not sure, but I think you need some time to get used to TV.

Do you experience same thing while watching movies or TV series for long time?

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Do you experience same thing while watching movies or TV series for long time?
No. Its just gaming. One reason I could think of is the increased size of objects on Bigger screens where your eyes have to cover everything while playing.

Well its not a serious issue and just related to long game play session on TV.

Might be caused by refresh rate, latency (TVs have notoriously bad latency) or just plain resolution.
+1

One of the 75Hz monitors at my parent's place has visible tearing even when game is locked to 75fps, likely because of slow response time.

Personally with TVs, my experience is that sitting far away is enough. I have only played FIFA or racing games on TV though.

Top Bottom