Gaming monitor need to buy ASAP!

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
1. Budget? : upto 20k
2. Display type and size? : 24 inch would do. I think I can get TN in this range only.
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?: Gaming
4. Types and number of ports required?: Not an issue.
5. Preferred choice of brand?: Open to any.
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
*www.amazon.in/BenQ-XL2411P-24-inch...sprefix=144hz+,aps,301&sr=8-3#customerReviews
*www.amazon.in/Acer-KG241QP-Gaming-...59467&s=gateway&sprefix=144hz+,aps,301&sr=8-4
7. Any other info that you want to share.

I need it for best eSports gaming performance. As flipkart and amazon are running big discounts right now, thinking of buying it asap.
Min. I am looking for is 144Hz display. System specs are in my sig.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
How is this one?:
*www.amazon.in/Asus-VG248QE-Monitor...ds=asus+144hz&qid=1563336285&s=gateway&sr=8-1

It has good reviews on amazon as well as youtube, and its cheap too. It doesn't have g-sync though, which is my question. Is g-sync really matters when refresh rate is going to be 144hz?

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I have a nvidia card, and various other forums confirmed that the Acer KG241QP supports freesync with nvidia cards.
On the other hand, the Asus VG248QE doesn't have freesync but its reviews are very good and its approx. 5k more. I am not sure whether it is because of much better picture quality. :|

EDIT: I checked 144Hz freesync vs 144Hz no freesync comparisons, and found that freesync actually makes difference because I could see tearing in some of the games with no freesync.

I feel like I should go with the Acer one here, but would love to have some opinions first.

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Found one more..Acer KG271 with 27" display and freesync support. It is 500 less than the Asus one
*www.amazon.in/Acer-KG271-Cbmidpx-2...eway&sprefix=kg271,aps,696&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

Any opinions?

OP
Randy_Marsh

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I am not a gamer so if you feel like gsync makes a difference in games for you then I guess acer model is fine.

I completely understand your reason for recommending Asus over Acer. But it is also evident from many comparisons on youtube that tearing does affect gameplay even at 144 Hz. :|
If someone is looking for competitive e-sports gaming, he/she would really want to keep the tearing or ghosting at minimum. I have confirmed info that nvidia's adapted sync (support for freesync) is supported by this monitor.

On the other hand, the Asus one can handle 3D as it showcases support for nvidia 3D vision and lightboost, maybe that's why it is priced 4k higher than the competition as a part of money goes to nvidia's funds. I am not into 3D at all but if it would had freesync support, this model was a no brainer to get.

Well, I hope that what I ordered doesn't come with excessive light bleed or dead pixels though. lol

Top Bottom