GALAXY POP battery problem...

techmaniack

Broken In
i've bought POP a couple of days back and the Battery Life is HORRIBLE! my battery gets consumed @1% per minute while surfing(WiFi and 3G disabled...Brightness minnimum) ... i can't even find an 'inbuilt' app to see the 'REMAINING BATTERY' the ones i dlded from Market are quite AMBIGUOUS...pls help....someone....... ((
(NOTE: i haven't 'ROOTED' the phone or not even tried anything simmilar...)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
i've bought POP a couple of days back and the Battery Life is HORRIBLE! my battery gets consumed @1% per minute while surfing(WiFi and 3G disabled...Brightness minnimum) ... i can't even find an 'inbuilt' app to see the 'REMAINING BATTERY' the ones i dlded from Market are quite AMBIGUOUS...pls help....someone....... ((

I am pretty sure its a battery hardware issue. Its under warranty... you should get a replacement.

Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Battery use to see what has been killing your battery life.

Try an app like "BatteryLife" which you can get from the Android market. Remove widgets which require a continuous connection in the background. Reflash your phone.

If nothing else works, take it to the service centre and get a battery replacement.

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 AM ----------

This is one interesting article that can help you...

Complete Guide to Maximizing Your Android Phone’s Battery Life

Brilliant article... will definitely help you triple you battery life... :)

Cheers!

P.S. Also look at readers comments... You will get very helpful things from it... Like one comment...
Great info! I would recommend an app called JuiceDefender. I worked great for my Nexus One and almost doubled my battery life.

1) going into settings…wireless and networks….mobile networks and unticking “enable always-on mobile data”
and
2) going into settings…wireless and networks…menu…advanced…wifi sleep policy and setting it to 15 mins.

Neither will have any appreciable effect on the way your device behaves other than improving battery life.

Last edited:

kaudey

Journeyman
I too am having battery life issues with my pop. I tried disabling the Background Sync in settings>account and sync, which has helped increase the battery life marginally. Now at least I am getting a backup of a little less than 2 days.

OP
T

techmaniack

Broken In
^^ Pop uses a 1350mah battery with a 3.14" screen. so anything close 2days, its enough.

the POP i have (Samsung Galaxy GT-S5570 ) has a 1200mah battery!!

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Disbaling Background sync,WiFi,3G mode,"use packet data" i.e. using my Andro just for calling and messaging does give a sufficient backup but then why didi i buy an Android!!! i should have continued using Nokia2690 which gave me minnimum 2 days of backup with 3-4 hrs surfing daily!

as soon as i enable my "use-packet-data" in "Mobile-Network-and-settings" my battery starts of draining like anything.

Yesterday i switched to a WiFi connection at my friends place with "use-packet-data" DISABLED and it gave me around 5 hrs of backup with yet some charge remaining.

Even today after fully charging my Andro i went to college assuming that i'll a WiFi connection but unluckily the WiFI in my college was down so i had to switch over to "use-packet-data" and once again the battery drained to almost empty in 1hr(apprx)...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Disbaling Background sync,WiFi,3G mode,"use packet data" i.e. using my Andro just for calling and messaging does give a sufficient backup but then why didi i buy an Android!!! i should have continued using Nokia2690 which gave me minnimum 2 days of backup with 3-4 hrs surfing daily!

as soon as i enable my "use-packet-data" in "Mobile-Network-and-settings" my battery starts of draining like anything.

Yesterday i switched to a WiFi connection at my friends place with "use-packet-data" DISABLED and it gave me around 5 hrs of backup with yet some charge remaining.

Even today after fully charging my Andro i went to college assuming that i'll a WiFi connection but unluckily the WiFI in my college was down so i had to switch over to "use-packet-data" and once again the battery drained to almost empty in 1hr(apprx)...

If you followed the above tips, and still the battery life is poor, then you have to take the phone to a service center.

Other users of Galaxy Pop, please share your battery performance...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

sorry, my mistake. yes pop uses 1200mah battery.

you using pop or andro? i heard Andro have really good battery life.

Rajcalicut

Right off the assembly line

Install " JUICE DEFENDER " . I had the same problem. Now the battery runs for a full day. Also uncheck Settings>Applications>Running services ( excluding juice defender)

Top Bottom