FX 8320 temperature control.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
[MENTION=119733]Chaitanya[/MENTION] I said I wanted the xtraflow ones mate :p I know the sickleflows are for radiators which will however,work as intake fans too. Airflow fans perform poorly though when attached to radiators etc.

Does the xtraflow come with blue leds? :\ I find red LED annoying -_-

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
[MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] I can't find the blue ones on flipkart. :( Any link to buy locally?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
[MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] I can't find the blue ones on flipkart. :( Any link to buy locally?

you will have to check yourself. i have no idea. first confirm with flipkart whether they have a blue led one in stock or not.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
[MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] [MENTION=119733]Chaitanya[/MENTION] [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] [MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION]

BEWARE LONG POST.

So I got a new fan (sickleflo 120mm,since xtraflo wasn't available in blue). I set it up as an intake fan at the bottom of the cabinet. And I reset the hyper 212x vertically despite coolermaster saying it isn't possible on am3+ boards. It was possible but it was difficult as the heatsink was right on top of the screws. took nearly 30 minutes of arm twisting to install the cooler.
And I observed some depressing results.

Horizontal setup(previous)

Fan speed:- 700 at low and 1300 max,despite the specification saying it can go up to 2200. I tried everything. speedfan,bios Q control,but nothing worked and max speed was 1300 rpm.
temperatures:- Idle:- 16-17 degrees(faulty maybe), average:- 24-30 degrees.
Load:- prime 95 for 3 hours:- 51 degrees max.
Gaming:- 69 degrees max (pulling in hot air from gpu).

Vertical setup:- (which coolermaster says is not possible on am3+)

Fan speed:- 800 low, max 2000 rpm.
Temperatures:- Idle:- 16-17, avg:- 24-30(same)
Load:- Prime95 3 hours:- 43 degrees max.
Gaming:- 48 degrees max.

So I was right about the cooler pulling in hot air from the gpu. But its sad to see that cooler master does not improve the architechture so that the cooler can be installed both ways in the am3+ socket. Kind of depressing considering it brings about a pretty big difference in temperatures.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
[MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] [MENTION=119733]Chaitanya[/MENTION] [MENTION=135617]rijinpk1[/MENTION] [MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION]

BEWARE LONG POST.

So I got a new fan (sickleflo 120mm,since xtraflo wasn't available in blue). I set it up as an intake fan at the bottom of the cabinet. And I reset the hyper 212x vertically despite coolermaster saying it isn't possible on am3+ boards. It was possible but it was difficult as the heatsink was right on top of the screws. took nearly 30 minutes of arm twisting to install the cooler.
And I observed some depressing results.

surprise/depress ?:p

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
No I meant depressing. :p I was depressed because it performed worse when it was installed in the recommended way. It really shouldn't be that way ~_~ Coolermaster should look into this and fix this issue.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ I know right? :\
And that is achieved by setting the cooler in a way which cooler master says is not possible. -_- Admittedly it was very difficult to install,but still. :\
Perhaps if the fan spun faster in the horizontal setup,temps would have been lower,but the goddamn thing keeps maxing out at 1300.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
by vertical did you mean cooler fan facing the gpu ? I've used my Hyper 212 in both position with sickleflow fans .. never had any RPM issue.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
No, horizontal = cooler fan facing the gpu.
vertical:- cooler fan facing the dvd drives in front.
And dunno why the fan refused to spin past 1300 in horizontal. I was using the stock fan. I think it is a CM blademaster.

No, horizontal = cooler fan facing the gpu.
vertical:- cooler fan facing the dvd drives in front.
And dunno why the fan refused to spin past 1300 in horizontal. I was using the stock fan. I think it is a CM blademaster.

You got that wrong buddy. Horizontal is when the fan faces front panel and rear panel. Vertical is when it faces bottom and top.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
What? @_@

But horizontal means this => _______

And vertical this=> |

Seems like I said the right thing. Or am I missing something? @_@

Top Bottom