[Feedback] October 2008 (Special)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarosh

Journeyman
I have not received my october issue of digit yet.
Is there a delay because of the special issue, or do you think my copy is lost in transit?

Please advise if I should wait or I should ask for a new copy.
King regards,
Sarosh.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Superb issue. i am ready to pay Rs.200 for such issues. Keep it up digit. Keep it up.

Every single article in the magazine is superb.

Davidboon

In the zone
This months issue was awesome......... i liked the graphics card reviews
once again keep up the good work TEAM DIGIT !!

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Finally I could read the issue today. It may have been late, but I feel it was worth the wait.
It was one of the best Digit issues I've ever read. The gfx card shoot- out was superb, and I'm looking forward to next month's entry level gfx card shoot- out. The war of the browsers was also great. And so many product reviews.... That's just awesome. Icons of trust was nice and interesting to read, but personally, I think you've wasted too much time on this. Taking a survey of so many people is a hectic task. And many of us already know which are the trusted brands. But overall, the issue was just great. I want to see this kind of issue in the upcoming months.

One small quirk with most of your issues: The colour of the background sometimes makes the text impossible to read. Please keep this fact in mind. Keep the background colour such that we don't have to squint to read the text. Everything may look readable on screen, but it isn't always so on paper. :)

Keep the other good things going. :)

sarosh

Journeyman
Well, its the 22nd and I still haven't received my issue yet.
I hate to be overly critical, but ever since their buy out/take over by 9dot9, the quality of digit has gone steadily downstream.
Ever since their union with 9dot9 I have experienced the following...
1) 2-3 continuous months of defective cds and dvds. This was not important to me because I would only use the wallpapers from the cds/dvds as my desktop backgrounds
2) Poor print quality, duplicate pages, torn/stuck pages, etc, etc.
3) Steadily worsening quality of English language in the articles. Some of last months articles were written in such poor english that they were painful to read, and I couldn't believe this was digit I was reading. I would recommend digit to the children of govt. schools here, and mark out articles for them to read. Even if they would not understand all the technicalities, atleast i was sure that they will improve their English by reading the digit articles. After last months digit, I cant do that anymore, the quality of language in last months digit was worse than what we find in comic books.
4) In the past too digit has launched special issues, there have been personal problems, people have left, digit writers have had family issues. But this is the first time in several years that we are almost approaching the end of the month and I haven't received my copy yet.

It seems that after their tie up with 9dot9 the quality of digit has sunk each month, and I am afraid it will continue to sink. Digit was a perfectly nice magazine without 9dot9, reading the articles of digit was more engaging than watching programs on discovery channels. Reading articles of digit would make us proud about having such great writers in India.
Now reading digit with all its grammar errors is just become painful.

Anyway, I have already paid for my subscription until 2013, so I will stick with it until then. However, I think I may have to look into some alternative magazines when it becomes time to renew.

PS: Short while ago I received another courier from AFL, which is the same courier I receive digit from. I asked the courier boy about digit and he said "Digit hasnt even arrived in Goa yet".
This is another testament to the fact that even the distribution system of digit seems to have have some issues. People are able to pick up digit from the news stands in other places, and not a single issue of digit has made it to Goa yet.

Tarun Agrawal

Right off the assembly line
Hi frnds ..

M new to this forum ..jus wanna ask u something..i terminated my subscription of digit on Feb 2007 ..but now i want to renew my subscription ..but the problem is i have forgotten my old subscription code ....so how can i renew my subscription ???and will i get this October issue after renewal?

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
1) 2-3 continuous months of defective cds and dvds. This was not important to me because I would only use the wallpapers from the cds/dvds as my desktop backgrounds

Hi Sarosh, when you get damaged DVDs, please write in to help at thinkdigit dot com and request a replacement. If you're getting damaged DVDs for a few months continuously, then please report it to the helpdesk and inform them of this.

Sometimes couriers sub-let to smaller couriers, and this results in complaints like yours because of improper handling. If you don't report it, we cannot fix it. I'd love to say that posting a complaint on this forum is enough, but sadly, it isn't, because we cannot monitor each and every post all of the time. I request all members to send complaints to the helpdesk, which is the Digit team that's dedicated to such issues. Even if this feels like a painful procedure, the questions and clarifications that our helpdesk will ask for are necessary to get to the bottom of the problem.

2) Poor print quality, duplicate pages, torn/stuck pages, etc, etc.

Can you send us pics of this, or details about which pages and which issues? Although a few copies every month may be damaged, and we usually replace such copies - even those spoilt by rain or weather (before delivery), you seem to be facing this problem often.

Also, if you have noticed, from June 2008 onwards, we have steadily improved the quality of paper, printing and even the number of pages. Please also write to the helpdesk, and CC me (editor at thinkdigit dot com) about those "etc etc" problems. We're interested in knowing what those are, and fixing them.

3) Steadily worsening quality of English language in the articles. Some of last months articles were written in such poor english that they were painful to read, and I couldn't believe this was digit I was reading. I would recommend digit to the children of govt. schools here, and mark out articles for them to read. Even if they would not understand all the technicalities, atleast i was sure that they will improve their English by reading the digit articles. After last months digit, I cant do that anymore, the quality of language in last months digit was worse than what we find in comic books.

We're taking steps to put a strict style guide in place, and things will change considerably soon. Can you tell us which particular articles you're referring to?

4) In the past too digit has launched special issues, there have been personal problems, people have left, digit writers have had family issues. But this is the first time in several years that we are almost approaching the end of the month and I haven't received my copy yet.

The magazine released across India between the 1st and the 7th of October. Please write to the helpdesk and CC me so that we can get to the bottom of your particular problem.

PS: Short while ago I received another courier from AFL, which is the same courier I receive digit from. I asked the courier boy about digit and he said "Digit hasnt even arrived in Goa yet".
This is another testament to the fact that even the distribution system of digit seems to have have some issues. People are able to pick up digit from the news stands in other places, and not a single issue of digit has made it to Goa yet.

All Maharashtra and Goa issues were dispatched and delivered ages ago. Please don't listen to people like delivery boys, who just say the first thing that comes into their mind, without any proper knowledge. We request all subscribers to write in and inform the helpdesk if issues are delayed past the 10th of the month, because that's the point where you know it's not an acceptible delay, and there's actually a problem.

Raaabo

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Hi frnds ..

M new to this forum ..jus wanna ask u something..i terminated my subscription of digit on Feb 2007 ..but now i want to renew my subscription ..but the problem is i have forgotten my old subscription code ....so how can i renew my subscription ???and will i get this October issue after renewal?

U'll hav 2 wait for 2months aftr subscription to get ur fist issue AFAIK

sarosh

Journeyman
Hi Raabo,
Thanks for your reply.
I have written to digit when I received faulty cds/dvds, you even replied to me personally about the crysis game demo.
The cd/dvds have never been important for me, I only use the desktop photos from there, so even if I do receive a faulty cd I may not feel like writing in because its not a big problem.
I had already written to editor’s email and the help email about the grammar, but didn’t get a reply.

If its important for you I can try to find the older issues and scan them for you. On some pages the print is blurry and smudgy, and almost painful to read. The best way to explain is would be to try to read fonts on a low-res jpeg file.

However, dont worry about the faulty cd/dvds and the occasional print problems, but I think you guys should fix the language problem.
It was disturbing to read articles written in digit in such bad grammar. This is my only major complain and even reading one article written in poor english is very tarnishing to the image of the writers.
You can ignore the problem about the cds and print quality, but you should fix the language problem.

Also, you should look into your distribution staff.
I sent them an email on the 16th of October and this is the reply I received on the 17th of October:
Dear Sir,
Please note that your issue for the month of Oct-2008 has been dispatched. You will receive Digit in 4-5 working days.
We look forward to bringing you the best content in technology.
Warm Regards,
Team Digit.

Nine Dot Nine Interactive Pvt.Ltd
C/O.K.P.T.House, Plot No-41/13,
Near Pudhari Building, Sector-30,Vashi,
Navi Mumbai-400703.

Tel- 022-40789612/13/14
Fax- 022-40789640
****** PLEASE ADD US TO YOUR SAFE SENDERS LIST TO AVOID MISSING ANY IMPORTANT COMMUNICATION FROM US ******

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Sarosh Doctor <dsarosh@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Sir,
I have not received my October issue of digit yet.
Please kindly do the needful.
Kind regards,
Sarosh (A000529)

Thanks once again for your response and I will let you know when I receive this month’s copy of digit, and if it is useful for you guys I can scan pages on which there are print problems.
It would be a bit inconvenient for me to find go through the older issues and find the defective pages now, but I can do them for the future issues if you like.
Good luck and kind regards,
Sarosh.

sarosh

Journeyman
Hi Raaabo,
I have just sent you an email containing some scanned pages of digit.
Please let me know if you received them. If not, then please let me know your updated email address.
Regards,
Sarosh.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Just got my issue(Coulda got it earlier but exams and parents make a nice team!)
Attaboy digit! You guys are getting the hang of including nice background music! Hey, can anyone tell me what was that music used in the Interface for the Entertainment DVD? What band etc.?

EDIT: Just read the mag. Mag contents are awesome! Keep up the good work. Very much like the good old days! This reminds me of the McDonald's ad;).

Last edited:

sarosh

Journeyman
Received the October copy today, nice selection of articles this month.
The entire Tips & Tricks section has been printed skewed, and there is some kind of funny paper extension flap on the last page.
I'm at page 14 (including the ad pages) and already I have come across 3 grammar/language errors. If it helps I could scan some pages again.

Anyway, look forward to reading the articles and hope all the issues will be sorted out eventually.

Jacky ken

Right off the assembly line
Re: Digit October 2008 Special Issue Package & Content Highlights

Will that is an interesting magazine to have with. Do I need to subscribe or I can get that specific issue only. I guess I want to have that issue and by the way how much it cost. Thank you Jacky, Prom Limo Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom