Epson LQ-300+ dot matrix printer not working with Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
I have two HDDs one having windows XP installed and another windows 98. The drivers for windows 98 for my Epson LQ-300+ were installed from the CD i got with printer and the same was working fine with win98. But the same printer is not working with windows xp. Whenever i give something to print it gives me "Communication error". Everything works well with 98 but not with XP. I have downloaded latest version of drivers for XP but still. Please help

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Did you try installing it with the drivers that came wth WinXP ? Did you choose LPT1 as the port? Please describe exactly what you have tried so far.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
Yes i have chose LPT1 as the printer port.
Although the model number is listed in the windows list i did a 'HAVE DISK' thing to install. BTW XP did not detect it as a plug and play device

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Did you try a manual installation, not PnP? Or, do you mean you could do a manual installation using your driver but the printer refused to print?

Have you tried installing another Epson driver from WinXP's driver base, such as the LQ-300 ESC/P2 ? (If you can print from Win98, I assume that the printer cable is OK).

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Then have you tried my suggestion - installing another Epson DMP driver from XP's driver base? That may not be a wholly satisfactory solution even if it works, but it will give an indication of whether it's the driver or something else.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
it did not work buddy :(
A red question mark sign comes besides the printer sign in the system tray. Also the page in the printer window shows "Error - Printing"

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Did you make sure there are no other print jobs in queue? Does it still work with 98? I ask the second question because some motherboards have an option to enable or disable the parallel port in BIOS.

OP
raksrules

raksrules

Youngling
It works in 98. Its just xp where it does not work. I have reinstalling the drivers. Even its not printing thru dos under win xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom