"Could not find kernel image" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_1710

Youngling
hello..
i downloaded FC6 (i386) - DVD image from FC's Australian mirror site..
now wen i tried loading it in parallels virtual OS emulation s/w .. it says "Unknown keyword in config file..
Could'nt find kernel image - image"

check out this pic. : *img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledfe1.jpg

wat am i to do??? :( :( :(

mediator

Technomancer
I wud recommend using VMWARE coz I too had problems with parallels! Its quite complicated to use. It wudn't boot even when I inserted the live cd of knoppix, then forget about the 1st iso image of fedora! Neways did u mount the 1st iso image ?

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
@mediator: yup tried VMWARE, virtualbox,... even then i got da same error!!!

to my amazement... i burned it onto a dvd and tried booting from it... i got the same error mesg!!! :(
please help me wid this.. i wasted nearly 2.5 days downloading this iso!!! :( :(

mediator

Technomancer
Hmm..u did right! I think the iso image is not ok then. Did u try any other distro iso? Did u download the i386 iso?

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
yup... first i had downloaded the x86_64 version(wasted 3 days for that) and tried booting from that and i got an error "CPU doesn't support long mode. Please use 32 bit edition."
then i dowloaded this i386 version(wasted another 3 days for that!! :( )!! :(
other distros work fine... suse 10.1, ubuntu 6.06, DSL work fine!!

mediator

Technomancer
hmmm...dats bad! then i guess that iso is corrupt! Try dlding the cd isos this time if u have a lil bit more patience left. Dld the first iso n check that. if it works fine then its the dvd iso that was faulty.

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
oh man... dats a real pain in the a$$ :( !!!
hmmm.... any mags givin out FC6?? ... or anyone givin out dvds??

mediator

Technomancer
It happens, I too got faulty isos plenty of times. Neways not sure but LFU or pc world/quest magazine gave FC6! Also try ur firends/linux users!

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
aaah... none of ma frens use FC6... all r bent towards suse !! :(
and.. do yo kno which month of PC world gave FC6??

mediator

Technomancer
If I'm correct then FC6 released 2 months ago, then u can look in previous 2 months magzines or u can ask anyone here who is living in ur area! There's a thread for that here to request the distros!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Or, you can try downloading the ISO again via torrents, it will download only the corrupted parts and fix your ISO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom