Cheapest laptop with these criteria

Status
Not open for further replies.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Hi All,

I need to buy a second laptop for some very obscure purpose and it needs to have these recommended requirements:

PIII 1 GHz or more
512 MB RAM (or more)
20 GB HDD
64 MB Video card with DX9 compatibility...low to mid end graphics absolutely required (Radeon 9000 series or GeForce 4 Ti or better)
DVD Rom Drive
USB Support
2-3 hours battery life
Smallest monitor size possible...12-14 inch screen...15 ONLY if unavoidable.

What's the cheapest laptop I can find which satisfies these criteria? Budget is unlimited for highest limitt...but I want the cheapest laptop you can find available for this config or slightly better.

Show me what you got!

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
With the Eee Pc there are 3 problems:

1) Video is not enough
2) HDD space is an issue..and I need an external CD drive to install Windows on it, and since this is a personal project, mostly for kicks and experimenting, I want to keep expenses as low as possible.
3) The CPU is underclocked to 630 MHz on the 4G model, which as far as I know, is the top-end version in the series.

I'm really looking for a more traditional laptop. If the Eee came with an optical drive, half decent graphics and even 8 GB space, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. So in the meantime, other suggestions please?

gopz

In the zone
Search for used laptops, you will surely get a laptop for 10-15k with those specs (or better)

Pathik

Google Bot
Yep you ll get a used laptop easily. Here we can get that kinda config in about 12k.
BTW, You are not in India rite?
So you can get a eee 900 1gb ram,12gb or a hp mininote 2133 .gb ram, 30gbfor around 500$
and you can install xp using a usb drive too.
You can easily oc the eee proccy to 900mhz+

OP
faraaz

faraaz

Evil Genius
Oo any link to buy online the faster version please?

And yes, I'm in Switzerland right now, not in India... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom