Can't I Learn C# ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
gaurav_indian said:
lol toh kya log c,c++ samaaj seva ke liye karte hai :lol:
nah , i Study computers bcoz i Like It.

I'm currently in 12th , i'll be doing my hugher studies not because i want a job but because i want to learn more about computers and their functioning . If i get a job it's fine but it's not a primary goal .

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
nah , i Study computers bcoz i Like It.

I'm currently in 12th , i'll be doing my hugher studies not because i want a job but because i want to learn more about computers and their functioning . If i get a job it's fine but it's not a primary goal .

and me in 11th. rest all same, but money IS a primary goal.

And I still don't think its a good idea to learn C# because of microsoft's reputation. I attempted python, but gave it up in 5 hours due to lack of scope of the language compared to (C++)+(Java), despite it having GUI capability even in text only codes. but I think I will learn Java now.

anybody have any idea where to start? which IDE do universities use for Java? NetBeans? What about GUI programming in Java?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
praka123 said:
^eclipse?
+1 for eclipse (many plugins are there to add functionalities free of cost)

But imho first try out programs using notepad++, IDE are for big projects to save time

For book:
get this:
Head First JAVA

Probably the best book for beginners:D

MetalheadGautham said:
I attempted python, but gave it up in 5 hours due to lack of scope of the language compared to (C++)+(Java), despite it having GUI capability even in text only codes. but I think I will learn Java now.
Btw what is Python's learning curve if one knows C/C++, XML and JAVA ?

Can it be used to create GUI applications in linux ?

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Yups Eclipse is best IDE out there for Java and Java EE .

Although you may try NetBeans too which is officially backed up by Sun Microsystems itself .

is there any difference between Eclipse and NetBeans in terms of syntax, etc like there is between BC++ and G++?

In simple words, which of them use a better compiler? which is the offitial one? if they both use the same compiler, why is eclipse better than NetBeans?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Run them both and you'll know. Netbeans would take too much time to start itself. Eclipse is slightly faster.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Both use the standard Java compilers. On Linux, in case you don't have Sun's compilers installed, Eclipse by default uses GCJ ones. But that can be changed, of course.

T159 said:
Btw what is Python's learning curve if one knows C/C++, XML and JAVA ?

Can it be used to create GUI applications in linux ?
You can finish the basics of Python in less than 10 hours. And start creating GUI applications within another 2.

For Linux, the best way would be to use PyGTK or PyQT libraries. All you require are their respective handbooks available at the official sites of each respectively. Its darn easy to code GUI apps in Linux with GLADE.

And Python doesn't lack so much of scope as you assume it does. Do check out job sites. Google themselves give higher priority to people with knowledge in this language. Python is like a swiss army knife, not powerful, but darn resourceful.

Last edited:
OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
Joined Aptech

Looks Good .....

We Have A Good Instructor

Thanks For ALL Your Sudgestions

Thank You Very Much TO ALL OF YOU

Pathik

Google Bot
Is Python really worth learning?I thought it is outdated now.
Btw if i want to start a new language wich shd i choose?? Java or C#.net??
I know basic C.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^python outdated?lol.No man Its a good language to learn,me too planning to get my hands dirty with it in 2-3 weeks.And I guess it isn't very tough if you know c\c++ fairly well.Wait for qwerty's comments.

I would have chosen Java if I were you.Java rox!.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
pathiks said:
Is Python really worth learning?I thought it is outdated now.
Btw if i want to start a new language wich shd i choose?? Java or C#.net??
I know basic C.
In which millenium are you?

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
Python is a language which you use inside your currect C++/C#/Java Software to provide additional functionality(like an internal scripting engine) or you can use it as a swiss knife to perform Heavy duty XML parsing in your Current App .

But developing whole GUI applications using Python or any other scripting language is not agood idea bcoz as the application grows you are certain to find performance bottlenecks and rewriting the whole application from scratch in a compiled/high performance language would be very frustrating .

Also , i think C# takes the cake in this respect bcoz C# code , like java is compiled into bytecode and is platform independent .

But when a C# application is run for the first time it Compiles itself and optimizes itself for the current machine and then this compiled image is stored in the Global Assembly Cache thus provides you Native Application level performance alongside portability .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom