C++ help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
When ever I try some specific C or C++ programs in Turbo C++ v3.0, I get this error:

tv.lib could not be found.

or

in few game programs this error :

EGAVGA.BGI drive not found.

Kindly tell me as to where can I find this files and how and where (i mean in which directory ) should I copy them to.

Please help me as it is very urgent.

anubhav_har

In the zone
it seems u are using graphics.. u can do something search for egavga.bgi.... it should be in the BGI directory.. and how much i know tv.lib is a file that should be automaticaly created by the program when it compiles... so debug for error checking.. and nothing else can be told before seeing the program...

kapsicum

spice it up
the tv.lib is a library file which must be in the tcc\library folder itself.
you first try to find the file in the tcc folder,if find it ,then the problem may be that you need to install\extract the folder to the root of ur pc i.e. at c:\ (c-drive) from the tcc xip file.
if that doesnt works may be your zip file must be corrupt or a file in it may be missing.

if any further help let me know!!!!and if you need i can send you a working tcc.zip file

aadipa

Padawan
You need to set correct path in Options>Directories...

*img31.imageshack.us/img31/2331/tc5qd.th.jpg

Put correct path to directories.. try to put full path like C:\TC\LIB

As for as EGAVGA.BGI

U need to pass the path of folder containing that file (which is commanly C:\TC\BGI) to initgraph()

The code should look like
Code:
   initgraph(&gd, &gmode, "..\\BGI");

The path is with respect to your OUTPUT directory set in above dialog, ie folder where .EXE files are created. Also use escape sequence \\ since this is C and you cannot use C:\TC\BGI but instead use C:\\TC\\BGI or C:/TC/BGI

Status
Not open for further replies.