What's your budget?
Upto 50k INR

Camera type?
DSLR

Body Style?
Not the compact p&s type

How much zoom do you want/expect?
No clue, you suggest.

Do you care for manual exposure controls?
Yes

What will you be shooting with this camera?
Friends and families, in weird poses . Landscape., - I'm DSLR enthusiast -lets put it that way

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/low light and/or action/sports?
Outdooes and Indoors

Video?
Yes, but not really an issure

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?
Canon EOS 700D/ Nikon D5300

Any brand preference? Like/dislike
Canon, Nikon

From where will you be buying?
Local store

Any other features you need?
Viewfinder, Image stabilization, Continuous drive/burst mode, , External flash, mic jack, HDMI , HDR whatever I can get max.
Nikon D5300 has GPS & Wi-fi but not really an issue unless you advice me otherwise

Anything else you would like to tell us?.
I'm in Nepal and might not get all the models to choose from ...please suggest me the model and i'll get back for alternatives if i cannot find it here.

Also, I would not want to go for model older than the ones i've given above.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
IMO, either 60D or D7000 is a better choice. But if you want to stick with "new", other than the models you have narrowed down, there is D3300. Weigh their features and buy the one you like.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
700D with 18-55mm STM lens can be had for within 42K IC,convert that to NC.Best is to head over to Kolkata/Siliguri, buy, cross Silla and get in. That hybrid sensor is is excellent in AF and low light too.D5300 is very good too but somehow I love that Canon for the extra control it offers. You won't go wrong with either. Just remember its the Lens and You who makes the most difference for a good shot to be great!

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I would suggest to get canon 700D...I have no idea why nikon removed the physical buttons ..and canon have definitely worked upon the build quality now

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Any DSLR is a waste in video photography. I have seen em all ! Low light video is a disgrace. All this when compared to a NEX3/5 mirrorless.

sujoyp

Grand Master
really Inci ...thats really sad..I have heard people using DSLR for pro videos with bokeh n all..

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
600D,7D,70D,5DMK2 [MENTION=128954]sujoy[/MENTION] they all are noisy in low light where as the mirroless from Sony's are way better much better. All this talk of Canon is better in DSLR video over Nikon is bullcrap. Canon might be better but that better is bitter.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
[MENTION=128954]sujoy[/MENTION] Yes sony is still the king of the hill from video quality to HD Video compression.

Make sure that 700D has STM kit lens.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ No, it wouldn't shoot up your budget. The basic kit lens is STM lens. Inci just wants you to make sure that the seller is giving STM lens (Not the older one "Non STM lens")

OP
I

itsaashish

Broken In
:-D okies...thanks mate..i'll check that :-D

- - - Updated - - -

btw how do i identiy STM lens..will it be written on the lens..coz last week i went to the store for a look of the slr but don't think i noticed anything written other than '18-55mm.......'

Top Bottom