[Buying advice] Camera - ILC or DSLR or full frame P&S ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes scene modes like landscape,portrait,night, firework etc...they r there right on mode dial along with PASM modes :)

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota
If DSLRs are bad on auto then no point taking them :| Looks like RX100 is okay for my basic needs. Will go to the local store and check out ILCs too.

Either ways I am not in favour of carrying so much bulk (SLRs)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
yes scene modes like landscape,portrait,night, firework etc...they r there right on mode dial along with PASM modes :)

bro AFAIK, full auto, landscape, portrait, sports, no flash, night modes are available along with PSAM. but those modes dont allow expandable ISO ranges, exposure compensation, etc.. and special ,modes for fireworks, sunset, backlght are not available on slrs. if so many presets are made available, the mode dial would be 1.5" wide..

If DSLRs are bad on auto then no point taking them :| Looks like RX100 is okay for my basic needs. Will go to the local store and check out ILCs too.

Either ways I am not in favour of carrying so much bulk (SLRs)

ILC and SLR are basically same. but you would may like to check out Mirrorless. ;)

sujoyp

Grand Master
@anirban if u want expandable ISO ranges, exposure compensation, etc.. then u can definitely use P mode in PASM....other auto modes r very simple just like P&S

ILC = interchangable lens camera = m4/3, nikon 1,4/3, APSC DSLR, full frame DSLR,Sony Nex,Samsung NX, fuji X series :) (dont know sigma and canon's small sensor series name)

sujoyp

Grand Master
aree bhai...landscape,portrait,firework,night,twilight noflash are present in my mode dial of D3100...they r fully automatic...just move the pointer to the required mode and the camera will set itself like that

Top Bottom