Building a budget gaming PC, suggestions needed

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
It is, but only slightly better. And i dont think 3.5-4k of 5850 over gtx260 is worth that 'slight' difference.
But on the other hand, p955 is totally worth the 3k difference over a635.

Going for an HD5850 will increase the budget altogether...So i think the op should stick to a GTX 460 considering there is only a slight difference in performance..

Hmmm....I c ur point now!!!I was under the impression that 5850 beats the a## outta 460 n hands it over to him which is clearly wrong so.....ya u r rite abt keeping those 4k with urself for jus a meager increase in performance!!

^^that's absolutely correct

i disagree somewhat now!
zotac gtx460 1gb is at 12.7k at 2.3k more msi hd5850 twin frozr II lies which got a good cooler. so if you oc that, the difference of 10-15fps will go up and it will crush the gtx460!!!

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
i disagree somewhat now!
zotac gtx460 1gb is at 12.7k at 2.3k more msi hd5850 twin frozr II lies which got a good cooler. so if you oc that, the difference of 10-15fps will go up and it will crush the gtx460!!!

Now thats clearly an overstatement brother.
15 fps is that difference what makes a granma look like your gf, something that moves so slow that you'll die of boredom against something so beautiful that'l pop your eyes out(take my gf for instance).
Firstly, we cannot just tell the the card runs cooler if it has 2 fans,I mean lot of study is required (power usage,ideal temperature,onload temperature etcetc.).
2ndly, overclocking to get 15 fps increment is not a child's play.
Thirdly, if its just 2.3k costlier, then wont all of us just wait for a week or two, get the money somehow (bank hesist) and get that card?? I am speaking pratically here.
And lastly, everytime i click on that link it says,'scheduled maintainence'. But lynx tells twin frozer 5850 cost as 16360..
If my maths is correct, isnt the difference around 3.6k??

Hmmm....I c ur point now!!!I was under the impression that 5850 beats the a## outta 460 n hands it over to him which is clearly wrong so.....ya u r rite abt keeping those 4k with urself for jus a meager increase in performance!!

The only thing that makes a card wet its internal circuits and fart its fan off is 5970 probably.
Or three 5970 crossfire + i7980extreme
Hmm...i wonder what my kidney's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^:rofl:u r a damn funny guy!!!:hyper:Very Good Sense of Humour!!
How abt makin all of our eyes pop-out by posting some pics of ur gf?:lol::CiobarTongue:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Now thats clearly an overstatement brother.
15 fps is that difference what makes a granma look like your gf, something that moves so slow that you'll die of boredom against something so beautiful that'l pop your eyes out(take my gf for instance).
Firstly, we cannot just tell the the card runs cooler if it has 2 fans,I mean lot of study is required (power usage,ideal temperature,onload temperature etcetc.).
2ndly, overclocking to get 15 fps increment is not a child's play.
Thirdly, if its just 2.3k costlier, then wont all of us just wait for a week or two, get the money somehow (bank hesist) and get that card?? I am speaking pratically here.
And lastly, everytime i click on that link it says,'scheduled maintainence'. But lynx tells twin frozer 5850 cost as 16360..
If my maths is correct, isnt the difference around 3.6k??

that 15fps is not a joke going on, see the anandtech bench, you will notice in few games...
also have you seen the heatsink it uses?
load power consumption is less than gtx460 1gb.
oc is not anything difficult thing! have you tried it or just speaking??
now who has stopped you from saving and getting it, your own wish!!
its available at smcinternational at 15k with taxes. yes the site is under maintenance..lynx is outdated..prices are not updated regularly as i saw
also with new drivers by ati the difference has gone up..and for gamers 10fps increase is a good thing..

also read the WHOLE comments on newegg..
most have mentioned its quiet. also cool. also if paired with good case works well...as due to open heatsink design some heat goes in the case..so good ventilation you have a beast.
also few have mentioned it doesnt oc that well but some amount is possible

Last edited:

rajan1311

Padawan
considering that the release date is 22nd Oct and should in available in 1st week of nov in the US, its pretty safe to say that it will take max 2 weeks after the US availability , to hit indian shores, just guessing, i got no sources. :oops:

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
that 15fps is not a joke going on, see the anandtech bench, you will notice in few games...
also have you seen the heatsink it uses?
load power consumption is less than gtx460 1gb.
oc is not anything difficult thing! have you tried it or just speaking??
now who has stopped you from saving and getting it, your own wish!!
its available at smcinternational at 15k with taxes. yes the site is under maintenance..lynx is outdated..prices are not updated regularly as i saw
also with new drivers by ati the difference has gone up..and for gamers 10fps increase is a good thing..

also read the WHOLE comments on newegg..
most have mentioned its quiet. also cool. also if paired with good case works well...as due to open heatsink design some heat goes in the case..so good ventilation you have a beast.
also few have mentioned it doesnt oc that well but some amount is possible

Dude, easy bro, you sound like my pops scolding me fr failing in xam or somthin. (see i'v already started crying).
Anyway, I'l try to reason with you here.
Firstly, I never said i never said 15fps is a joke. Infact i cannot emphasis more on how not funny FPS is.
Yes, i'v been through anand tech website & here's the catch.
For mid level games, take left for dead for instance, 5850's fps are 130, 460's should be around 110 something.
Now overclocked or not, both the cards will show near similar display as 100fps is already more than enough.
But, for games like crysis, or bfbc2, at very high levels, both cards (5850 & 460) perform almost smililarly. So if at one setting, 460 gives 12 fps, 5850 will give maximum 15-16fps.
Now, if you say overclocking will get me 15+15=30fps, i'l sell my car to get 5850 and oc it.
This is how important fps is.
Yes, i'v seen the heatsink in my tiny 3.4' mobilescreen.
Regarding ocing, for micheal phillpse, swimming is a piece of cake, so is soccor for messi, so is flirting for barney, so is being cocky for me, & so is overclocking for you.
But this doesnot mean any wannabe techie (read:me) will oc as successfully as you will.
You may hit limits, but i'l sh!t my pants if pc goes starts to smoke.
I'v ocd before, not gpu but cpu.
Hit 3.0 on intel celeron 2.66, & 3.6 on p55..
<more to reply>

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Msi 460 hawk edition (two fans), over smcinc is available at 14000 rs.
So 5850 twin frozer is a better option. To go with considering the cost difference here.

^^:rofl:u r a damn funny guy!!!:hyper:Very Good Sense of Humour!!
How abt makin all of our eyes pop-out by posting some pics of ur gf?:lol::CiobarTongue:

Ahh..finally someone who appreciates my lil talent..
Regarding popin your eyes, & other several thing,I'l first need your age with proof. Cause my gf is so freaking hot, that if i post her pics, & you turn out to be a under 18, i'll be in prison for charges of exposing heavy s3xual material to a minor.
Besides, i dont want you to mastrubate 8-9 times a day.
Hehehe.
Actually there is this girl i wanna propose, but i cant find the balls for that. I think i'll make a new post in geek life segment.

Plz temme u aint kidding!!!:C_moneymouth:

My xams end on 25th nov.
One week goes into making dad believe that buying a 10k gcard is worth every penny.(atleast for me it is.) so if cards are out till dec. I think i'l get one if its in my budget.

Last edited by a moderator:

rajan1311

Padawan
My xams end on 25th nov.
One week goes into making dad believe that buying a 10k gcard is worth every penny.(atleast for me it is.) so if cards are out till dec. I think i'l get one if its in my budget.

ahh same story in every home....i remember i had to beg for mine,even when i had scored well above parents expectations in my boards, they kept on saying it will spoil my life and all... :p

so your in which class?

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
ahh same story in every home....i remember i had to beg for mine,even when i had scored well above parents expectations in my boards, they kept on saying it will spoil my life and all... :p

so your in which class?

Well,actually um doing engg. II year, ENT, and as its too much for my brain, i still prefer to be in 4th grade or something.
At my place Never ever tell my father that i want gcard for gaming. He'll kick my behind so hard, it'd be difficult to speak again.
And the conditions parents keep, its easy to fight drunk bull but complete their expectations 'pass in all subjects and i'l buy what you want'..yeah if thats possible.
What gcard do you have?
And what college/field are you in?

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Buddy I hv finished Engg in EnC(only I know how I finished it:pullhair:!!)..Wats EnT??New branch for me!!..So u c u dun hv to worry abt me being under-age!!:rofl:...

On a serious note...if u do really like her jus go talk to her n ask her out for a date!If she says yes then go hv a good time otherwise ask someone else out:glass-grin:

Top Bottom