Budget PSU help for Haswell Processor?

OP
Shivam15

Shivam15

Broken In
Congrats :D though an original snapshot would have been great ;)

Ok here is the original pic :shock::) So this Cabinet has holes in the down part for PSU. So, how should I place the PSU in it? Fan facing downwards or upwards? Which one is better? :oops:

*i.imgur.com/GJ2afhZ.jpg

OP
Shivam15

Shivam15

Broken In
downwards ;)

But if fan is facing downward, there will be very less space for it to suck air. Since it will be placed on a level ground. :shock: The Cabinet has stands in it. I guess its max 1cm. So the PSU is gonna get only 1 cm space ? Is that fine?

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
But if fan is facing downward, there will be very less space for it to suck air. Since it will be placed on a level ground. :shock: The Cabinet has stands in it. I guess its max 1cm. So the PSU is gonna get only 1 cm space ? Is that fine?

I also agree. Putting the psu in downwards position would surely decrease its life. And would generate more heat.

I would advice you to you and fix it in upward position.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

downwards is the way. if you place upwards, the fan will suck hot air from the cabinet which rather does bad than good by increasing temperature of internal components of psu.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ don't worry. Every one of us who has bottom mounted PSU cabinet running our psus like this and there's a reason why engineers have made such cabinets and PSU. So have a little faith ;)

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
i am laughing so hard seeing ur comment.... dude u will understand cable management while u are installing parts and doing attaching the connector

napsterv

Journeyman
Keep your cabinet on the foam to maintain a distance between the ground and fan.

Cable management sucks in Antec V/X1.

All you can do is put the unused cables on the other side and small in ones in the front. Be sure not to touch the front intake fan.

Top Bottom