Baldur's Gate 3

Nerevarine

Incarnate

Cant wait to get this, I Thought Larian outdid itself with Original Sin 2 but this is next level.
I could never play the classic games like Baldur's Gate 1/2, Neverwinter nights. Even Pillars Of Eternity is too pen/papery and not too modern. Now that they changed the gameplay to turnbased, it would be easy to introduce modern audience.
I feel realtime with pause was done best with Dragon Age series (Especially origins and maybe inquisition).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Larian is making this? Damn! Looks like its time to get up to speed on Baldur's gate 1/2.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Larian is truly milking it lol. they havent even released the game, its in early access since two years. But Im sure they will make a GOOD game in the end.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Oh shit, it's Minsc in the end. Looks like no Baldur's Gate game is complete without him.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's a bit costly for me right now, especially since I have had a lot of additional expenses this month. I might consider buying it next month.

omega finished it afaik. I have yet to try.
Yup, I finished it. Worth every award it is nominated for honestly. Best game in years.

I had some concerns to start playing it because of turn based combat & isometric view (I am more of a Witcher 3 or Assassin's Creed enjoyer), but boy I was wrong. The game is worth it. I will do its 2nd playthrough some time in summer 2024 maybe. Right now playing Divinity Original Sins 2.

These two reasons are enough for me that I don't want to play it now :(
I had the same reasons to not play it, then I decided to try it to see what the hype is.

Controversial take - But I purchased Elden Ring & kind of hated it. I did complete it with mods but it felt like a waste of money. Its my 2nd game which felt like a waste of money (first was CS GO, I was expecting CoD4 MP from it), I mean ER had a lot of potential to be better story wise, difficulty wise & PC optimisation wise.

So this time I tried it the ahem way because of Elden Ring & I surprisingly liked it. I will buy it in Steam Summer sale next year for sure & go for my 2nd playthrough.

setanjan123

In the zone
You can plug in a controller and the movement will basically become like a third person game ie over the shoulder camera and move with thumbstick. Combat still remains turn based of course. Try it. You might be positively surprised.

setanjan123

In the zone
Any good new Pokemon games? I played till Diamond & Pearl long back.

Also BG3 combat is different from Pokemon, give it a try. You might like it like I did.
Play the 3DS ones. I never played the DS ones. Went straight from the og GBA ones to the 3ds gen. Started playing Pokémon X recently. Not bad. I kind of feel weird about the recent Switch games. 3rd person view just feels odd. But maybe I'll like it if I try it.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Don't say no until you try it. I too used to scoff at turn-based until I tried Xcom and Original Sin 1 a few years back.
Larian and Fireaxis turn based games arent like old school pen and paper style ones, with clunky controls. its high quality graphics, music and storyline too.

Even omega never played turn based before this and he has come around after trying BG3

Top Bottom