AMD Fusion APU discussion

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
expect the price to be same as Athlon II X4 (4k+ for the processor). as the APU (not the 4 cores) are really small & cheap to manufacture.

Intel has stolen many of AMD's customers (from Athlon XP days) using their faster, smarter slogan. now AMD will do the same to Intel with their "DX11 ready" slogan. most of the so called "budget gamers" will be forced to think about AMD even if they prefer Intel.

i am sure they won't be able to run any DX11 game properly but at least, AMD will get its share of customers back.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes i agree with you here Sam. People who are not willing to buy a discrete gpu will happily go amd's way. Anybody with the strictest of budget can enjoy hd multimedia content to the fullest.

And don't forget that this platform can be used in the htpc market without breaking the bank.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD's E-350 Zacate APU finds a home in Zotac's Zbox AD03 Blu-ray HTPC -- Engadget

HP Pavilion dm1 Reviewed Review - A Review of the HP Pavilion dm1 Reviewed

rajan1311

Padawan
those mini ITX boards will cost at least 6-7k IMO...what do you think?
Btw, are these 45nm Fab or 32nm fab?(Zacate APU)

J

Joker

look who is scared: Intel to Pay Nvidia $1,500,000,000 for Licensing

Sounds like a bail out or an arranged marriage to reduce legal battles.

OP
vickybat

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Brazos is launched in desktop platform.(nettop will be more appropriate)

The Asrock E350MI Micro-ITX board is reviewed in tomshardware.

Check this

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Brazos Review: AMD's E-350 Supplants ION for mini-ITX - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Initial Desktop AMD "Llano" Lineup Will Include Five APUs - Documents - X-bit labs

*i51.tinypic.com/jhy3p3.png

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Speaking of APUs, I am currently reviewing a board with E-350 BTW:
*i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k500/HardwareBBQ/Gigabyte%20E350N-USB3/IMG_0089.jpg

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ heh, try doing 1-3 in a week's time. That's where the real fun starts :p.

She's pretty okay. Just as a rough indication of how E-350 rolls while we're still in the APU topic, with 1080p MKV running in the background, a 2.63GB file filled with folders and images of random sizes and resolutions taken about 1.24 hours to complete compression, 1.02 hours with 720p and 29 minutes without doing any playback. There were stutters on 1080p and 720p when files where being compressed at the same time. But it did 1080p playback on its own nicely so its all A-OK.

Top Bottom