AMD 64 or P4 ??? Plz suggest a PC config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sankalp

Journeyman
I am gonna upgrade my PC within a few days. I have a budget of Rs 30000. Now the problem is that I am unable to decide which processor to choose i.e. AMD 64 3000+ or P4. Can u plz suggest a suitable PC config with model no.s for the best possible CPU within budget with the foll min system requirments :

1) 80 GB SATA HDD
2) 128 MB 3D Acc. Card
3) 512 MB 400MHz DDR
4) Mo Bo should preferably have overclocking capability (not that imp)

I only need to upgrade RAM, Processor, Mo Bo, Graphics Card and hard disk. I dont need LAN, bluetooth etc, but if its there theres no harm.

Thanx in advance

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Sankalp said:
I am gonna upgrade my PC within a few days. I have a budget of Rs 30000. Now the problem is that I am unable to decide which processor to choose i.e. AMD 64 3000+ or P4. Can u plz suggest a suitable PC config with model no.s for the best possible CPU within budget with the foll min system requirments :

1) 80 GB SATA HDD
2) 128 MB 3D Acc. Card
3) 512 MB 400MHz DDR
4) Mo Bo should preferably have overclocking capability (not that imp)

I only need to upgrade RAM, Processor, Mo Bo, Graphics Card and hard disk. I dont need LAN, bluetooth etc, but if its there theres no harm.

Thanx in advance
AMD 64 3000+
Asus K8VX (no ocing options since u are on a tight budget)
Ati Radeon 9600pro 128Mb
80 GB SATA HDD
512 MB 400MHz DDR
Spend the rest on sound and speakers, i/o devices, cabinet etc (thats if anything is left ;))

OP
S

Sankalp

Journeyman
I am getting MSI's K8N Neo2 Platinum for Rs 9900. And I am not crossing my budget, Should I opt for it?

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Sankalp said:
I am getting MSI's K8N Neo2 Platinum for Rs 9900. And I am not crossing my budget, Should I opt for it?

For that board you need a Socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 CPU.Its a good board and the price is decent too. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom