A new way for Windows, XP or upgrade to Vista?

Continue, upgrade or buy new one?

• Continue using Windows XP

Votes: 40 65.6%
  • Upgrade to Windows Vista

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Buy a new computer

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
Eh , vista -- had the worst nightmare when i copied the stuff from one hard disk to another and then burnt the DVD b4 formatting .. i think one or two ice ages must have passed in that attempt ....... I knw that updates were released 4 this but never went back to Vista .... neways i use windows only 4 Age Of Empire battles online ......

XP's D-day are far from over ......... ask a non geek and who can't afford to upgrade to a better PC ..... they will still dwnload xp on their low budget pc's

also the smaller NETBOOKS as they r called r coming preloaded with xp...... it will be a long time b4 xp fades away ....

You must have have tried the 64 bit processor. Anything below Core 2 series from intel and Athlon64 from AMD WILL NOT WORK. That is the reason why you are not able to find which hardware is not supported since the OS was not able to access the processor which is the heart of the computer. Try the 32 bit one
wrong.
I can easily run 64bit live cds of distros in my Pentium 4. Say what ? :p

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
i am in vista too..
i feel better security than xp..
about 3 months, i did not find any malwares on my system even connected with broadband..

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
vista suxx for me.....mainly it think personally its not performance oriented but look oriented....

Xp will live for long time.....Ubuntu/Fedora/Mandriva do also help at times..........will stick to XP+Linux Multiboot....let me think for change when Windows comes......hope M$ thinks of performance criteria seriously

---
@above

only n00bs find insecure in XP.....Vista security is just a joke.....if u have good third party protection like antivirus+Firewall...im sure u are more secure than vista even running ur os faster......

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Oh for the love of me, why are you two bringing and discussing Linux here? Keep the replies to the topic, use Open Source section for further discussion if need be.

Oh for the love of me, why are you two bringing and discussing Linux here? Keep the replies to the topic, use Open Source section for further discussion if need be.
well... he asked about 64bit support and wanted to know which cpu does that. this applies to windows as well. :-|

T

tallbeing

If you don't have anything to say, just keep out of this discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom