2 Ton window AC for a hot room

ajayritik

Technomancer
@ op I think there is hardly a week or two for rains to arrive depending on which part of country you live in.
Don't you think it's better you make the purchase later.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Purchased general 2ton window AC after selling my Hitachi 1.5ton but now I am facing another problem. New ac works fine for 1-2 hours but after that stabilizer trips and AC stops and after 3-4min it restart I am not sure what could be a problem. Is it AC or stabilizer.... Or electric wiring? Stabilizer cuts the power to the AC and it stops.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Purchased general 2ton window AC after selling my Hitachi 1.5ton but now I am facing another problem. New ac works fine for 1-2 hours but after that stabilizer trips and AC stops and after 3-4min it restart I am not sure what could be a problem. Is it AC or stabilizer.... Or electric wiring? Stabilizer cuts the power to the AC and it stops.

stabilizer trip - low voltage / high voltage.

if mcb trips then
-low voltage (maybe stabilizer is not boosting and simply bypassing),i.e. when the current consumption of ac exceeds the rating of the mcb it trips. usually during compressor startup there is a surge ,if your wiring is too weak(min. 4sq wire for 2 ton,) it will make your lights dim and mcb trips that instant...is can also be called as overload.

-overload(fault in ac compressor), it won't happen for a new ac.

is stabilizer rating a 5kva one?

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
stabilizer trip - low voltage / high voltage.

if mcb trips then
-low voltage (maybe stabilizer is not boosting and simply bypassing),i.e. when the current consumption of ac exceeds the rating of the mcb it trips. usually during compressor startup there is a surge ,if your wiring is too weak(min. 4sq wire for 2 ton,) it will make your lights dim and mcb trips that instant...is can also be called as overload.

-overload(fault in ac compressor), it won't happen for a new ac.

is stabilizer rating a 5kva one?

Yesterday MCB died so I was sure it was because of it so replace it with another MCB of 25amp and started using the AC. It worked well for 2 hours and again the same issue so now I was more worried as the electrition told me that wiring is fine and 10sq wire can easily power my AC now I was 90% sure that this is because of stabilizer so power the AC directly and it worked fine for a night. Now I know wiring and AC are fine and I just need to replace my stabilizer (5kva vguard vnd500).
Another thing that I noticed is AC is getting very hot from back side is it normal?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Yesterday MCB died so I was sure it was because of it so replace it with another MCB of 25amp and started using the AC. It worked well for 2 hours and again the same issue so now I was more worried as the electrition told me that wiring is fine and 10sq wire can easily power my AC now I was 90% sure that this is because of stabilizer so power the AC directly and it worked fine for a night. Now I know wiring and AC are fine and I just need to replace my stabilizer (5kva vguard vnd500).
Another thing that I noticed is AC is getting very hot from back side is it normal?

-mcb will never die, if it is from a reputed company and being used regularly. some best brands are legrand.
-u can put ur ac to risk running without stabilizer(low voltage & high voltage). vguard is not a great brand, imo there is no brand in india which can make stabilizers properly in aafffordable range.
But nothing can be done except buying another vguard...
-ac getting hot, u mean outdoors(rear-outside)? it is normal...

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
-mcb will never die, if it is from a reputed company and being used regularly. some best brands are legrand.
-u can put ur ac to risk running without stabilizer(low voltage & high voltage). vguard is not a great brand, imo there is no brand in india which can make stabilizers properly in aafffordable range.
But nothing can be done except buying another vguard...
-ac getting hot, u mean outdoors(rear-outside)? it is normal...

Using Havel's MCB and it was working fine since many years.
I am running the AC just to check so that I know the problem and will buy a better stabilizer for sure.
The rear of the AC is so hot that I can't touch with my hands so I am worried that this can have bad effect on components

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Using Havel's MCB and it was working fine since many years.
I am running the AC just to check so that I know the problem and will buy a better stabilizer for sure.
The rear of the AC is so hot that I can't touch with my hands so I am worried that this can have bad effect on components

AC's run hot...you shouldn't touch it when its running.

Top Bottom