Unable to delete folders

harsvp

Broken In
Hello,

I recently installed a new hard drive with Windows 10 and am using the old hard disk for storage which previously had Windows 7 installed on it.

When I try to delete the Win 7 program files, I get a message: Folder access denied - Need permission to make changes to this folder. I tried to change the folder settings by giving full control to modify it but was unable to do so.

These are the folders which I am unable to delete - Program Files, Program Files (x86), Windows

Not sure if I am missing a step here but need help to delete the old OS files because it is using up a lot of space in the disk.

Thanks.

Use this software : *www.iobit.com/en/iobit-unlocker.php
+1 to this

If this fails, backup data & wipe the HDD as suggested earlier, no need for linux, any Windows installation media will do (just don't delete your primary OS partition by mistake).

Also make sure hidden partitions are used from your new HDD & not old HDD. Just disconnect old HDD & try to boot the PC to rule this out. If hidden partitions of old HDD are being used, then you have to wipe both HDDs & reinstall OS in new HDD.

BTW Win10 is too bloated to run smoothly on HDD, you need an SSD.

OP
H

harsvp

Broken In
Ok, so I will backup the data from the old HDD and try to format it. I have Windows 10 installed on a new SSD.

Just disconnect old HDD & try to boot the PC to rule this out.
Can I do this by my self or will I need a technician to do it? Is it simple as plug and play or does it require any change with software settings? I'm not an expert with these hence asking.

Ok, so I will backup the data from the old HDD and try to format it. I have Windows 10 installed on a new SSD.

Can I do this by my self or will I need a technician to do it? Is it simple as plug and play or does it require any change with software settings? I'm not an expert with these hence asking.
Yes, check videos online

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

did the unlocker software not work? it works in like 95% of cases

Top Bottom