All laptop related queries here!!!

I found another Omen for 83,999, but it's sold out.
flipkart.com/dl/hp-omen-ryzen-7-octa-core-6800h-16-gb-512-gb-ssd-windows-11-home-4-graphics-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3050-ti-16-n0091ax-gaming-laptop/p/itm50918b2278e75?pid=COMGHYYKNNVMKAPQ&cmpid=product.share.pp&lid=LSTCOMGHYYKNNVMKAPQTVF
There's one more I'd like your opinion on: the HP Victus with a Ryzen 7 Octa-Core 7840HS. Is it good value for money?
flipkart.com/dl/hp-victus-ryzen-7-octa-core-7840hs-16-gb-512-gb-ssd-windows-11-home-6-graphics-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3050-16-s0095ax-gaming-laptop/p/itm64ae9ddc2dec6?pid=COMGS2XZGZHEJEZG&cmpid=product.share.pp&lid=LSTCOMGS2XZGZHEJEZGXWFBY
Get the laptop I mentioned before it goes OOS.

Victus has relatively poor build vs Omen but 7840HS is a superior CPU. For gaming, Omen with 6800H + 6650M will be noticeably superior to 3050/3050Ti. 6800H is plenty powerful for gaming, moving to 7840HS has no noticeable benefit for gaming.

Make a new thread with your requirements, usage, etc as mentioned in questionnaire.

OrrBitt

Broken In
I last posted on 6 Oct about my new Toshiba battery. It had a wear level of 1.66% then. Today, on 14 Oct, I calibrated the battery, and the wear level is shown as 13.30%. I haven't even used the laptop much during this time...

My own rough measurements show that the battery lasts for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

I last posted on 6 Oct about my new Toshiba battery. It had a wear level of 1.66% then. Today, on 14 Oct, I calibrated the battery, and the wear level is shown as 13.30%. I haven't even used the laptop much during this time...

My own rough measurements show that the battery lasts for about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
My Alienware m15 when new got to 12% wear in 2 weeks or so, then took 2 years to fail.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I have an Asus tuf f15 FX507ZC4-HN115W. It currently has 8GB ram, the second slot is empty and I want to upgrade it to 16GB ram. So please tell which one to buy to avoid compatibility issues. If possible, keep the price below 2K. I found one listing, so please check that out as well.

Crucial RAM 8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL22 (or 2933MHz or 2666MHz) Laptop Memory CT8G4SFRA32A​

*amzn.eu/d/hpLtffo

attaching CPU-Z pics.

1707493353336.jpeg

1707493369718.jpeg

thanks.

I have an Asus tuf f15 FX507ZC4-HN115W. It currently has 8GB ram, the second slot is empty and I want to upgrade it to 16GB ram. So please tell which one to buy to avoid compatibility issues. If possible, keep the price below 2K. I found one listing, so please check that out as well.

Crucial RAM 8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL22 (or 2933MHz or 2666MHz) Laptop Memory CT8G4SFRA32A​

attaching CPU-Z pics.

View attachment 22780
View attachment 22781

thanks.
8GB DDR4 3200MHz laptop RAM - that Crucial one is fine

BhargavJ

In the zone
I deleted a video file from my SSD (Crucial MX500), and a few minutes later, I ran some data recovery softwares like Recuva, TestDisk and R-Studio, but none of them could find anything.

I've known that TRIM effectively makes data recovery impossible, but I'd just like to confirm this: is it possible to recover data from an SSD at all? Have others been able to recover deleted data from their SSDs?

I checked my Win10 TRIM status and it shows TRIM is enabled, but even if I were to disable that, the SSD has its own TRIM.

The file was not important so it's okay if I don't recover it, but earlier, when I was using the HDD, if I deleted a file, I'd just run Recuva and get it back, but when using an SSD, it seems you have to be especially careful about what you delete as once it's gone, it's gone forever.

I deleted a video file from my SSD (Crucial MX500), and a few minutes later, I ran some data recovery softwares like Recuva, TestDisk and R-Studio, but none of them could find anything.

I've known that TRIM effectively makes data recovery impossible, but I'd just like to confirm this: is it possible to recover data from an SSD at all? Have others been able to recover deleted data from their SSDs?

I checked my Win10 TRIM status and it shows TRIM is enabled, but even if I were to disable that, the SSD has its own TRIM.

The file was not important so it's okay if I don't recover it, but earlier, when I was using the HDD, if I deleted a file, I'd just run Recuva and get it back, but when using an SSD, it seems you have to be especially careful about what you delete as once it's gone, it's gone forever.
Backup solutions exist for a reason.

I have set a daily backup to my ext HDD from my int HDD for important docs & pics. I set it up using Windows' inbuilt File History feature, doesn't work great on Win11 but works well on Win10. They cut the feature to schedule backup of custom folder in Win11, not sure which Product Manager or Engg Manager was responsible for this stupid decision.

bubusam13

Human
I am sure that decission to cut feature is in favour of windows backup Windows Backup which backs up directly to OneDrive.

toshar

New to this forum
Guys, how many varients are there for "ASUS Vivobook S Flip 2 in 1 Laptop"
I live in the Middle east and here the model "TP3402ZA-LZ070W" costs INR 45440 (Converted to INR) and the same "TP3402ZA" costs INR 92000 on flipkart and I thout its really a good deal to get it for half the price.

Now I checked thoroughly and found there are different variants of the SAME i5 12500H, 8 gigs, 512 ssd, irix intel graphics Asus official website doesn;t have enough information.

Can someone please share me required details or some Catalogue that differentiates TP34002ZA models from their own kind.

1709971976990.png

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Guys, how many varients are there for "ASUS Vivobook S Flip 2 in 1 Laptop"
I live in the Middle east and here the model "TP3402ZA-LZ070W" costs INR 45440 (Converted to INR) and the same "TP3402ZA" costs INR 92000 on flipkart and I thout its really a good deal to get it for half the price.

Now I checked thoroughly and found there are different variants of the SAME i5 12500H, 8 gigs, 512 ssd, irix intel graphics Asus official website doesn;t have enough information.

Can someone please share me required details or some Catalogue that differentiates TP34002ZA models from their own kind.

View attachment 22798
The one I purchased through Flipkart is having Model: TN3402YAB based on AMD Ryzen 5 7530U processor(APU) model.
My Purchase price through AXIS Bank (NEO) credit card was: Rs.58812.18p which has been fully paid by me.
Initially, I had converted to EMI's for the Laptop price ,and the price was a whopping Rs.73000.00 approx.(forgot the actual amount).
But later on the above price was eventually paid by me, when I repaid back the full outstanding due amount of my credit card.
The Laptop that I had purchased, came with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD(nvme).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not much luck there, asus doesn't provide much detailed info on its laptops unlike hp/dell/lenovo. Just confirm the basic components (processor, graphics, screen panel type) & buy if like the configuration with specified ram & ssd.

toshar

New to this forum
Not much luck there, asus doesn't provide much detailed info on its laptops unlike hp/dell/lenovo. Just confirm the basic components (processor, graphics, screen panel type) & buy if like the configuration with specified ram & ssd.
I am confused because
"TP3402ZA" comes with i5 12500H, 8gigs Ram, 512 ssd, intel iris Xe graphics, IPS touch screen.
Again
"TP3402ZA" comes with i5 12500H, 8gigs Ram, 512 ssd, intel iris Xe graphics, OLED touch screen.
AND
"TP3402ZA" comes with i5 13500H, 8gigs Ram, 512 ssd, intel iris Xe graphics, IPS touch screen.
AND
TP3402ZA" comes with i5 13500H, 16gigs Ram, 512 ssd, intel iris Xe graphics, OLED touch screen.
AND
TP3402ZA" comes with i5 12500H, 8gigs Ram, 512 ssd, intel iris Xe graphics, OLED touch screen.

And so on.
Asus doesn't specify which TP3402ZA is TP3402ZA. They are all the same with name unless someone visits the number of Asus stores physically in different countries to note down and later search.
I liked this laptop because of the metal chassis solid feel and glossy panel.
Can someone please suggest me a laptop with the glossy screen (touch screen not required) and metal build quality with 13 or 14 inch display? Or I just buy this one or a Macbook Air M1 2020. The budget is 60ish k, simple home use.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I am confused because
"TP3402ZA" comes with i5 12500H, 8gigs Ram, 512 ssd, intel iris Xe graphics, IPS touch screen.
Again
"TP3402ZA" comes with i5 12500H, 8gigs Ram, 512 ssd, intel iris Xe graphics, OLED touch screen.
AND
"TP3402ZA" comes with i5 13500H, 8gigs Ram, 512 ssd, intel iris Xe graphics, IPS touch screen.
AND
TP3402ZA" comes with i5 13500H, 16gigs Ram, 512 ssd, intel iris Xe graphics, OLED touch screen.
AND
TP3402ZA" comes with i5 12500H, 8gigs Ram, 512 ssd, intel iris Xe graphics, OLED touch screen.

And so on.
Asus doesn't specify which TP3402ZA is TP3402ZA. They are all the same with name unless someone visits the number of Asus stores physically in different countries to note down and later search.
I liked this laptop because of the metal chassis solid feel and glossy panel.
Can someone please suggest me a laptop with the glossy screen (touch screen not required) and metal build quality with 13 or 14 inch display? Or I just buy this one or a Macbook Air M1 2020. The budget is 60ish k, simple home use.
Why not go for HP or LENOVO?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can someone please suggest me a laptop with the glossy screen (touch screen not required) and metal build quality with 13 or 14 inch display?
Not sure about glossy screen part but zenbook is the top end series of asus laptops & its build quality is definitely better than vivobook S series.

toshar

New to this forum
Why not go for HP or LENOVO?
I am already having Windows laptop and desktop. More or less all brands are same IMO.
The new laptop would be for my wife and gonna buy apple macbook air M1 now.

Can someone please tell me difference between MGN63ZS/A vs MGN63AB/A models.
Both are 256, 8gigs, 13 inch, space gray models. Price is also same.
Couldn't find the difference myself.

Top Bottom