Retrieving Call Recordings from Google Drive

There is news circulating that recording needs to be informed to the other party in India now, like in US (because of which the announcement is present). But it used to be not so clear & used as evidence in courts as well.

Samsung phones have call recording w/o announcement, if device was sold in India & intended for India.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
There is news circulating that recording needs to be informed to the other party in India now, like in US (because of which the announcement is present). But it used to be not so clear & used as evidence in courts as well.

Samsung phones have call recording w/o announcement, if device was sold in India & intended for India.
Right now I'm mustering the courage to switch my sim from iPhone 12 to Galaxy M01 (quite a downgrade ).
I don't get why iPhones don't support call recording and only way is via conference calls made by extremely expensive apps.

Sent from my SM-M015G using Tapatalk

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Yes it does. Will check it out, thanks. While during a call, if there is an announcement that call is being recorded then does it mean that both sides are agreeing and does that make call recording legal in India?

It's working fine thanks again. Have installed my office phone on it, will try it out for some time then switch my regular iPhone sim on it.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
This is news to me, are you sure that samsung phone native call recording doesn't work on VoWiFi?
Yes the settings in the native call recording explicitly mention this fact that calls will not be recorded in VoWiFi calls.
My next question was very similar that I want an app that can also record VoIP calls like WhatsApp.

My Boldbeast App solution is not fixed. I had purchased the App 3-4 years back and I can't find the order receipt. It's not there in the Google Play history.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes the settings in the native call recording explicitly mention this fact that calls will not be recorded in VoWiFi calls.
My next question was very similar that I want an app that can also record VoIP calls like WhatsApp.

My Boldbeast App solution is not fixed. I had purchased the App 3-4 years back and I can't find the order receipt. It's not there in the Google Play history.

VoIP calls in whatsapp are end-to-end encrypted so unless the app is having root permission I don't think it is possible. On the other hand VoWiFi calls shouldn't be end-to-end encrypted so the native samsung call recording function's inability to record such calls is surprising.

What exactly is special about VoWiFi calls anyway when xiaomi/other Chinese manufacturers' native call recording function work well with such calls but not with WA encrypted calls as expected?

VoIP calls in whatsapp are end-to-end encrypted so unless the app is having root permission I don't think it is possible. On the other hand VoWiFi calls shouldn't be end-to-end encrypted so the native samsung call recording function's inability to record such calls is surprising.

What exactly is special about VoWiFi calls anyway when xiaomi/other Chinese manufacturers' native call recording function work well with such calls but not with WA encrypted calls as expected?
I'm not sure why Samsung dialler can't record VoWiFi calls.

Top Bottom