Compaq Presario 2500 hdd not detected

surya_sapui

In the zone
Dear frnds,

I have a Compaq Presario 2500 but its AT disk drive 40gb not detected.so i need a new one.but hdd not available can i use normal sata hdd on it with some converter if yes then suggest & if no then then tell where can i get AT DISK DRIVE.

Sent from my HTC Desire 828 dual sim using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use live linux on a 32gb pen drive or if you want to spend money on this ancient laptop then:
*www.amazon.in/Samsung-5400RPM-HM08...s&ie=UTF8&qid=1506372686&sr=1-5&keywords=2.5"

OP
S

surya_sapui

In the zone
Can i use this "2.5" HDD IDE PATA 60GB 60g ide 5400RPM 8M Internal Hard Disk Drive laptop | eBay" is it supported????

OP
S

surya_sapui

In the zone
Mention above hdd is too much for me.any converter have that i should use sata hdd.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is not possible to use sata hdd in your old laptop & all such convertors cost almost same or more than the ebay pata hdd you posted so no point in buying convertor.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Ideally it's time for that old laptop to retire. However if you still wish to retain the same you can opt to buy an old IDE laptop HDD from a local laptop repair shop, who might give you as a second hand HDD and you can insist to make some basic checks/tests before giving it to you and negotiate for price.
All you are doing is just trying your luck by spending a small amount. If it works it works else not. Taking it to local shop shall also verify if the issue is in HDD or the motherboard connector possibly.

I bought a second hand HDD from olx 3 years ago that still works whereas my brand new Toshiba HDD failed in less than an year!
I just made sure to carry the laptop with live linux USB boot and checked the SMART parameters on the spot before buying it.

Top Bottom