Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Hell or High Water 5.5/10

I wonder how could this movie was nominated for four Oscars?! Boring as hell.
May be that is the primary reason landing an Oscar nomination.
Wow, I have heard a lot of praise for this movie.
Will watch it soon.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Ye Hai Bakrapur (IMDb 2.3)

Although the rating is so low that no one would waste time but I liked the movie. Its a 7.5 for me. The film has shown reality and nothing else. No overacting , all actors did well to portray superstitions in our society. Recommended from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flash

Lost in speed
It (2017) - IMDb - 7.5/10

Nice story with mild horror elements set in 90's. It's just like the movie version of "Stranger things", but which a paranormal clown instead of demo-gorgon. Maybe, Stranger things was inspired by it (pun intended). The clown is indeed scarier sometimes with sound effects, when you watch it in theaters.

Only drawback is it's a lengthy movie with 2.15 hr. I just felt, they could've ended the movie just like other movies with ~1.15-1.30hr.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Atrocious 7/10
[Found footage horror]

When the movie ends and you start thinking what just happened, you might find loopholes or no meaning to the story. BUT, one thing you can't deny that the movie successfully created an eerie and claustrophobic environment in its brief 70 min runtime.
Not sure why this has such a low rating in IMDB. I sure liked this.

The uneasiness sure rattled me.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Someone watch this and provide feedback,

Eiga: minna! Esupâ da yo! (2015) - IMDb

After receiving a cosmic blast while masturbating, a virginal teenager gains psychic powers and joins a group of ESP virgins in order to defend the world from evil psychics.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Shaurya
Bad direction, poor editing and few cringe worthy dialogues makes this movie below average. Though there are few good points in this movie too but they are very less. It's similar to or inspired from "few good men" but saying this will be an insult to " few good men" because in this 2 hrs 15 mins movie there are very few good things. I have posted it here because the movie really had the potential to become at least above average but failed. In between you may get bored. There was NO need I repeat NO need to put songs & few unnecessary dramas in between. Anyways you can watch it just once if you are curious & liked the hollywood original.

Again I don't understand the high rating at IMDB.

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) - IMDb - 7/10

+ Dragonstorm
+ All the Transformers (especially Cogman) & their fights,
+ Grand scale CGI
+ Talisman/Excalibur.

- Weak script, connecting the story with King Arthur.
- Very less screen-time for Optimus prime.
- No clear flashback on how Cybertron got destroyed.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
A certain Justice/Puncture Wounds 5/10

Cung Lee is another Lee, trying to do all "Lee" kinda roles in Hollywood.
If you fast forward all slow-mo shots, the movie would end in 60 min rather 90 min.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Wilde 1997
Could have been a good movie if they had cut down those unwanted homosexual scenes. Thought the movie would focus on him & his work more but it focused more on his relationships. The start & the end of the movie is good but in middle you may get bored.

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Kingsman: The Golden Circle - 7/10
Fun and entertaining but lacking the spark of the original. Moore isn't as interesting or menacing as Jackson was. The run time could have been 10-15 min shorter.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

icebags

Technomancer
Kingsman: The Golden Circle - 8/10

felt so hilarious and awkward at the same time. probably the perfect followup for the first film, that could have been.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Kingsman:Golden Circle 5/10

An unnecessary movie. Adds nothing to the universe it created last time. Same old jokes with less charisma. Meaningless plot even for such a movie.
Believe me, if you wait for the blu-ray to watch you are not missing anything. It stands true if you decide to not watch this at all.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Echelon Conspiracy 5/10

What came first, this or "Person of Interest"?
You should ask this after watching the movie. I would anyday prefer POI over this.

Flash

Lost in speed
Insidious: Chapter 3 (2015) - IMDb - 5/10

It didn't have the horror element which were in the previous movies; may it's because of the weak demon in this movie. It also looked like they just want to make this movie, to ride on the success of previous movies.

Top Bottom