Buying MacBook Pro 13 (Non Touch Bar)

Dr. House

No Regrets
Hello! I am going to buy a new 256GB macbook pro 13" (non touch bar) from United States.
My use is quite simple: Browsing, emailing, movies, music, occasionally photo and video editing, (no gaming)
I am confused between 2016 model and 2017 model with kaby lake.
The price difference is of 180$ for which I will get new kaby processor, higher frequency RAM (2133 over 1866Mhz).
Dies 180$ difference worth paying more or should I save and get older 2016 version.
Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro (Mid 2017, Space Gray) MPXT2LL/A
Apple 13.3" MacBook Pro (Space Gray, Late 2016) MLL42LL/A

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No merci! Wouldn't touch windows ever. Plus I don't need ransomware machine.
Not looking for gaming, have PS4 for that.
Big no to dell!!

Stealth doesn't have a dedicated gpu and isn't a standalone gaming laptop. As for ransomware threats, if you aren't stupid enough to download files from unknown sources, you won't get any. mod edit: wasn't a personal remark
Reviews:

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Stealth doesn't have a dedicated gpu and isn't a standalone gaming laptop. As for ransomware threats, if you aren't stupid enough to download files from unknown sources, you won't get any.

Reviews:

Mind your language! If you cant help, don't waste time and troll somewhere else mod edit:no personal comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Mind your language! If you cant help, don't waste time and troll somewhere else....
If I wanted to troll you "sir", I would've suggested you to buy any crapbook since they are so cheap, have "the best" hardware and are easily upgrade-able.

mod edit:no personal comment

Last edited by a moderator:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Go with latest model 2017 of mac book pro 13 and why don't u go for 15" model.

I always had a dream of using a Macbook pro...may be in future.

Working on Macbook is altogether a different experience from windows.

OP
Dr. House

Dr. House

No Regrets
Go with latest model 2017 of mac book pro 13 and why don't u go for 15" model.

I always had a dream of using a Macbook pro...may be in future.

Working on Macbook is altogether a different experience from windows.
Exactly! Macbook is most productive notebook in the market. The simplicity and amazingly optimized macOS has no match with windows anyday.
Plus video editing software apple final cut pro, that is exclusively on macs has no match even par with any software on windows.
15" is completely out of my budget for now.

Void

Right off the assembly line
Rule of thumb when buying apple product is to go for the most expensive one you can afford, trust me it's worth it. MBP's last longer than any windows laptop, so you will be using this machine for a long time. Hah, even 2010 MBP can run latest Sierra, that's 7 year old machine!
I shifted to macOS in 2014 and never looked back, It's this magical combination of polished UI and powerful *nix underlying architecture that made me fall in love with macOS.
If it's your first mac, welcome to the family!

krish_techie

Broken In
Exactly! Macbook is most productive notebook in the market. The simplicity and amazingly optimized macOS has no match with windows anyday.
Plus video editing software apple final cut pro, that is exclusively on macs has no match even par with any software on windows.
15" is completely out of my budget for now.

Since you decided to go with final cut pro, wait for the latest kabylake updated macbooks. They should be available by August 1st week as per resellers.
Also, if you have the budget to go for touch bar version then go for it as it has better processors than non-touch version.

Personal Opinion : unless you need your mac for travel and need portability, you can go for 2017 imac. Because for same price of a non-touch MBP, you are getting a better processor and additional GPU in imac. Which would help in better video editing. But there is no SSD option for imacs in india so keep that in mind as well.

BTW Adobe premiere is on par or better than final cut pro.You can use adobe premiere on macs as well.

Top Bottom