Please Suggest a decent VR headset for Moto Z play

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi All,
Can you please suggest a good VR headset for Moto Z play.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudipta

Is your phone atleast VR ready? Those chinese one's won't give you a decent experience. I am bored of Gear VR too. I wish you had asked this questions few weeks back. I had a Sammy voucher, you would have got it for 2500.

OP
S

sudipta.bec2007

Broken In
Is your phone atleast VR ready? Those chinese one's won't give you a decent experience. I am bored of Gear VR too. I wish you had asked this questions few weeks back. I had a Sammy voucher, you would have got it for 2500.
My phone is definitely VR ready. Problem is I can't choose proper headset which will fit in. I bought one last week, but it was not able to hold my phone and it was getting popped out. Phone depth was bigger than the VR headset could hold.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
My phone is definitely VR ready. Problem is I can't choose proper headset which will fit in. I bought one last week, but it was not able to hold my phone and it was getting popped out. Phone depth was bigger than the VR headset could hold.

Then I guess only chinese one's will fit. It's a hit and trial. Order few and keep the one which fits. But I am saying it again, it will no where be near a decent VR experience.

itsmeharsh

Broken In

well, it's quite tedious to search for a VR headset with this specific requisite. you'll have to check specifications of each and every contender you find and see if the depth is more than the thickness of phone.

Then I guess only chinese one's will fit. It's a hit and trial. Order few and keep the one which fits. But I am saying it again, it will no where be near a decent VR experience.

you sound prejudiced. i have both a chinese phone (mi 5) and chinese vr headset (MI VR) and the experience is absolutely amazing. the only problem is that indian MI VR headset does not have straps.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
well, it's quite tedious to search for a VR headset with this specific requisite. you'll have to check specifications of each and every contender you find and see if the depth is more than the thickness of phone.

you sound prejudiced. i have both a chinese phone (mi 5) and chinese vr headset (MI VR) and the experience is absolutely amazing. the only problem is that indian MI VR headset does not have straps.

Not at all. Just try the VR Headset by Samsung and you will feel the difference.
BTW is it possible to buy only the controllers for the VR? The chinese one's will also do.

itsmeharsh

Broken In
Not at all. Just try the VR Headset by Samsung and you will feel the difference.
BTW is it possible to buy only the controllers for the VR? The chinese one's will also do.

i have used gear vr too. i am not sure which difference you are referring to. gear vr was good but the one i have is not bad either. don't write off something just because it is chinese.

you can buy any bluetooth controller. it just need to be compatible with the phone.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
i have used gear vr too. i am not sure which difference you are referring to. gear vr was good but the one i have is not bad either. don't write off something just because it is chinese.

you can buy any bluetooth controller. it just need to be compatible with the phone.

Samsung VR's OS is way too good. That's the difference about which I am talking about.

Can you please suggest the make of those controllers and where to buy them from?

itsmeharsh

Broken In
Samsung VR's OS is way too good. That's the difference about which I am talking about.

Can you please suggest the make of those controllers and where to buy them from?

i am talking about the google cardboard compatible vr headsets. they do not have any working components in them. they just hold the phone. any bluetooth controller works fine with it. if you want gear vr 2017 like controller then i am sorry i am not aware of that at the moment.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
i am talking about the google cardboard compatible vr headsets. they do not have any working components in them. they just hold the phone. any bluetooth controller works fine with it. if you want gear vr 2017 like controller then i am sorry i am not aware of that at the moment.

I bought few Chinese one's for the Gear vr 2016 model but none of them worked. So, that's why I asked if there is any model which might work.

Top Bottom