All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
BOSCH - Season 2 ..... This is one classy show, quality writing, quality dialogues, quality and real investigation. I had completely forgotten season 1, saw it long time back, so I started with se01 and then continued to season 2. SE02 is no different than SE01 as far as the quality goes. A new case, almost all same main characters, but same intensity and grittiness. The only minor grip I can say I might have was that the two side by side cases SE01 had been both equally good, whereas here I 2nd investigation, only becomes interesting after like 5-6 EPs down the line, that is the only minuscule complaint I had with SE02. Overall ultimate and not to be missed .....7.5/10 for this one.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The Walking Dead SE 07, EP 01.... Just started season 7 for The walking Dead .... and finished EP01 ... and I am still in shivers after this episode ..... damm this is one of the brutal, scariest and depressing episodes of TWD, and not to forget the most horrifying beginning of all seasons ..... The terror of Negan (said to be the baddest villain till now of TWD) is unprecedented on a TV show. The episode was gruesome and horrifying and continued like a bad bad evil scariest nightmare that won't end ..... boy I had to take a break before I start the next one ....

Starting EP02 now .... see ya soon ... :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing similar to My Love From Another Star,it was a unique show with unique actors combination.You can check out the next drama done by the same female lead of this show which is also a fantasy romance drama:The Legend of the Blue Sea.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
The Walking Dead - Season 7 ... I am a fan for TWD, as I am for the Zombie genre.....very honestly speaking. The problem TWD suffers after 7 seasons is that there is not much of a storyline that has not been already explored. To keep things ultra-realistic, the pace is compromised. It gets really slow, I mean really slow, and most of you might be put off by it. I, however, did manage to go through........ as I said I am a fan ... :).
The upside and what I like the most about TWD even in SE07 are Human Emotions... they are sky rocketing high, the character depth and development is at its peak with TWD, and hence when people/characters go in trouble you really really feel it on your heart, and when they come together as a family there is a sense of euphoria.

Season 7 builds the tension like a slow poison, with Negan the bad ass villain at the centre, the tension by the time it reaches the end is like soda in a closed bottle bursting to be released, unfortunately, the finally is not as hitting as one might expect. There is a twist which shook me, but after 15 episodes of mountain pressure, the finally should have been much more hard hitting as it was. \

Lastly, Negan has turned out to be one of the best cold-hearted villains of any TV show I can think off, he is just pure evil, but evil you like to watch ...... I would give this season 6.8/10. Not the best of the seasons but neither the worst.

icebags

Technomancer
Korean drama recommendation - similar to My Love From Another Star?
Nothing similar to My Love From Another Star,it was a unique show with unique actors combination.You can check out the next drama done by the same female lead of this show which is also a fantasy romance drama:The Legend of the Blue Sea.

Queen In Hyun's Man
W-Two Worlds
Rooftop Prince
Faith
Goblin

another amazing one, if you like time travel :
Nine

some more are there, and some more will be there in future. people love these kind dramas. :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Queen In Hyun's Man & Rooftop Prince share the historical world with modern world but Queen In Hyun's Man has more romance drama.
W-Two Worlds is also unique & if someone reads manga/manhwa then it will be even more interesting.
Goblin has some seriously good acting(especially by main male lead) along with lots of romance drama.

Goblin is the most recommended one followed by W-Two Worlds.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,but I have seen some other shows also:

1.Angry Mom(good show with moral lessons & real world school bullying issues)

2.Blood(vampire drama,good chemistry between male & female lead.They even got married later in real life)

3.Master's Sun(seriously good acting by both male & female lead with ghost/spirit elements,must watch,male lead same actor who played Boxer in Korean movie Always which Bollywood poorly remade as Do Lafzon Ki Kahani with boxer's role played by Randeep Hooda)

4.Descendants of the Sun(most popular korean tv show outside of Korea in recent times & not without reason)

5.Secret Garden(good acting even by side characters,again a must watch,body switching element)

6.The King 2 Hearts(fictional South Korea with a royal family like UK,main villain's acting is real good)

7.I Hear Your Voice(a good drama with romance,male lead with ability to hear people's thoughts,some good courtroom drama also,secondary male lead is the same one who played secondary male lead in secret Garden above)

8.Doctor Crush(good medical drama)

9.Uncontrollably Fond(alright tear jerker)

10.Oh My Venus(alright drama with weight loss transformation theme,male lead is same one in above Master's Sun)

11.The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince(tomboy girl pretending to be a guy,some good hilarious situations,male lead is the same one in Goblin)

12.Vampire Prosecutor season 1(very good)

13.Vampire Prosecutor season 2(good though not as good as 1st season,ended on a cliffhanger with no plan for a sequel)

14.Remember:War of The Son(must watch drama with seriously good acting by male lead & secondary male lead)

15.Marriage Contract(average tear jerker)

16.The Prime Minister & I(good funny hilarious with shades of romance & drama)

17.K2(very good action based korean tv show,some action scenes are better than many bollywood movies,very good acting by secondary female lead which eclipses the performance of female lead & for her acting alone one can watch this show even if one is not interested in action shows)

Last edited:

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Just started Switched at Birth season 5, this has been my all time fave "family drama" show after Parenthood, but With Billions SE02 out there I was tempted to start it, then I noticed that lot of my TV series now are out with complete next seasons and I should be pretty busy in catching up with all of them in the next month or two. Below are the TV series which are lined up for me to catch up, what do you all have lined up, please share as well ..

1. Switched at Birth - Season 5
2. BOSCH - Season 3
3. Billions - Season 2
4. Homeland - Season 6
5. SUITS - Season 6 (I will probably watch this from SE01, I SO MUCH LOVE THIS SHOW)
6. The Expanse - Season 2
7. The 100 - Season 4 - The Last 13th EP is airing on 24th May so I am adding this as well.
8. Ash vs Evil Dead - Season 2
9. HUMANS - Season 2
10. Colony - Season 2
11. Sense 8 - Season 2

So you see ...A LOT to catch up ..... I probably will start BOSCH after STB, then Billions and then Homeland, after that not yet decided.

TV season about to finish

Better call saul - Season 3 is on Ep06

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
BOSCH - Season 3 - This for me also went better than first and second. For me the rating would be like SE2<SE1<SE3. With 2 and 3 almost at the same level.

This season had, even more, layers to the investigation than the second. If anyone is new to Bosch fan club and starting SE03, then do not get put off by a bit confusing start, as lot of information is thrown at you in the beginning of couple of episodes, but hang tight..... by 3rd or 4th Episode, all starts to make sense and you are again sucked into the world or Bosch Investigation.

The writing again is TOP CLASS, J Edwar character has a lot more to do in this season than first two, which was a welcome investment. This franchise might just become top of its class if it continues with the same writing quality, dialogue, and direction for at least another 2 seasons.

This one ended with a nice opening for the 4th season, which I will be looking forward to with eagerness. ....rating revamped to 7.8/10 for this one.

Top Bottom