ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
is this PACKAGE GOOD???????

Currently i have AVG Free, Zone Alarm Firewall.

Is ZoneAlarm internet security suite Worth its Price.

Is its AntiVirus System better than Norton 2006, AVG???

Please help me.

MY PC Config.;

HP Pavilion, XP Home Edition SP2, 256MB RAM.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Zone Alarm and NAV 2006 r great togethr but they hog ur resources. Also disabling NAV 06 is a headache esp. while playing games (u will need some 3rd party s/w. to completely disable NAV).

I wud suggest u to use Avast with ZA. But if u r very prone to viruses then nothing beats NAV. Heard kaspersky is anothr gud option but havent tried it as yet

digiFriend

In the zone
when you get freeware with fine result,why go to paid version, in freeware you have option to switch to another software.
while in paid,if you change,you lose value of money insvested.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
but freeware AntiVirus are not that good, its a fact.

AVG & Avast provide Freeware AntiVirus to get more customers, who'll ultimately buy their PRO Versions.

i wanted to know whether the ZoneAlarm AV is a better option than AVG, ....

because after spending over 50,000 bucks for the PC, a mere 2000 bucks is not a waste.
After all , its goin to SafeGaurd our PC.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
ZoneAlarm AV is OK and cannot b compared to AVG and Avast. Even anti spyware of ZA is not as gud as spybot. Only advantage of ZA is the firewall which is 2nd to none...

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
ZA has the best firewall but its antivirus/antispyware is just average.
Go for ZA firewall , avast antivirus and Adaware SE antispyware: the best security combination one can get (free).I can bet my money on this statement , so u betta believe that.

Soorya

Broken In
~Phenom~ said:
ZA has the best firewall but its antivirus/antispyware is just average.
Go for ZA firewall , avast antivirus and Adaware SE antispyware: the best security combination one can get (free).I can bet my money on this statement , so u betta believe that.

Yeah I vote for ZA Firewall- but not the Antivirus!

As far as AV is concerned: I suggest to go for commercial AV rather than any type of free one as "investing bucks on updating virus defintion is a big deal" and this is the stuff that free AV softwares lacks. I recommend NAV!

Adaware SE antispyware is good.

Also have CCleaner installed-to clean craps on a regular basis!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well frankly speeking... if u r over a ADSL connection then there is no urgent need for a paid FireWall solution... coz Modem or router (what ever) has its own protection and IP gets filtered there... so its becomes very hard to get in to ur system from out side....

unless u have TOP secrate Data stored on ur system to me, ZAP is not the thing u should look for, rather i suggest spending Rs. 1300 for KAV Personal Pro 5.0 ... thats the Best AVS availlable... and rgiht now its free upgrade to 6.0, and 6.0 comes with a built in firewall which is not so bad atall... also right now OneCare Beta is a free install... that is also a good product in ADSL connectivity....

but yess if u r useing Sify, local cable, or any such service which requesrs LAN connectivity, then yess ZAP is a must have...

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I have four programs:
ZoneAlarm Security Suite
Norton Antivirus 2006
Spy Sweeper
Spyware Doctor 3.8

shovik

Banned
ZA is a all together a good package. But if you wanna get with the best compared to your resourceusage and security opt fot Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0. Its the best at present compared to NAV 2006 and Avast Pro. It comes with every features you will ever need to maintain ur security.

Regards,
Shovik.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Vishal Gupta said:
Following is the BEST Security pack: :)

AVG/Avast Antivirus
Zone Alarm Firewall
Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE
Spybot S&D

true.

but i use zass. VERY SATISFIED !!!
good antivirus, great firewall, anti-spy now much beter than in the beginning.
zdnet cnet rank it at #2 > *reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-3688_16-6456087-1.html?tag=prmo1

Last edited:

47shailesh

Security Exp
I suggest........... Updated XPwSP2 and all recentpatches........... NIS2006////OR////Kaspersky internetsecurity suite.......... spybot search and destory.............Ad-aware.............PC-Doctor Pro (reg cleaner)...........

anandk

Distinguished Member
"Kaspersky Internet Security 6 provides thorough protection against online threats, but ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 6 remains a better buy."
read the editors review at download.com
click *reviews.cnet.com/Kaspersky_Internet_Security_6/4505-3667_7-31884380.html?tag=nl.e757

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i personnly own ZoneAlarm Security Suite but its use is limited to firewall.i even turned off it av & spyware.i know a wasted a lot of money but for now i am using avast home(free) & lavasoft adware home for spywares(free)+za firewall from zass

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
To each his own, actually.
There are hundreds of software and every person prefers different software according to their needs. I personally prefer ZoneAlarm Security Suite because I am the only one who uses my PC. But in a multi-user environment, ZoneAlarm isn't exactly the best bet because of the huge amount of user involvement it requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom