ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.0.302.000 causing probs with Yahoo Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

serendipiti

Journeyman
I recently installed ZA Internet Security Suite v 7.0.302.000 on my laptop after uninstalling Norton AV 2005. From then on i was having probs using Yahoo Messenger(v 8.1.XXX i.e the latest version downloaded form the yahoo website). First it was not connecting(even after giving it a super trusted status!) and then when trying to exit YM, it would hang my lappy. With ZAISS turned off, connecting was no problem.
This was however not a problem on my desktop where i am using the latest version of Zone Alarm Pro along with NAV 2005.
So i unsistalled ZAISS and am back on NAV 2005 and ZA Pro firewall.
Are any of you using ZAISS and Yahoo Messenger facing the same problem?

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
In yahoo messenger preferences > connection check>Firewall with no proxy , that should solve ur connecting problem.

rajuvaastu

Right off the assembly line
I also faced this problem and ultimately came to the conclusion that zone alarm firewall always creates more problems than solving it. I shall recommend you not use zone alarm file. In stead of using zone alarm firewall, enhance winodows security features to medium high. That will solve your many problems. To enhance your security features you can also use Spyware Terminator with Realtime Shield enabled. That will solve the purpose of using zone alarm firewall and will not conflict with windows firewall. I also did this to resolve the issue related with firewall. Then your yahoo messenger will not give any problems. If you feel like, you can try this also.
I also faced this problem and ultimately came to the conclusion that zone alarm firewall always creates more problems than solving it. I shall recommend you not use zone alarm firewall. In stead of using zone alarm firewall, enhance winodows security features to medium high. That will solve your many problems. To enhance your security features you can also use Spyware Terminator with Realtime Shield enabled. That will solve the purpose of using zone alarm firewall and will not conflict with windows firewall. I also did this to resolve the issue related with firewall. Then your yahoo messenger will not give any problems. If you feel like, you can try this also.

Last edited:

champ_rock

champ_rock
one more thing
n zonealram > program settings> programs> there select "yahoo messenger" and make it supertrusted or trusted..

that will solve ur problem

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
ZoneAlarm does not creates problem:)

if you're using XP Pro/Home (non SP2), then its obvious that you're facing this problem.
my cousin also faced similar problem, he was not able to browse @ all with ZAP on, but once turned OFF he was able to browse.

so make sure you've XP SP2 & completely Updated:)

anandk

Distinguished Member
IF ur parental control in ur zass is 'on' then also make sure that in categories 'chatting/instnt msgr' is unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom