Zone Alarm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cancer10

ClubHost.in
I am planning to purchase Zone Alarm antivirus and firewall, can someone who is using zone alarm product confirm me that is it good or not.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
go ahead , its the best u can get.

BTW, if u want only firewall , u can also get it free

but if u want complete suit , u have to buy it , its worth it.

go ahead.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
i agreee with raven .. dont go for antivirus
i think firewall is free .. if not buy it .. dont for AV

-----
alibi

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
if looking for free go for AVG or Avast or for paid go for Norton or Kasperesky if ur RAM is greater than 256 MB

anandk

Distinguished Member
ya, go for zonealarm free firewall only. download it here
*www.download.com/ZoneAlarm/3000-10435_4-10388719.html?tag=lst-0-1

want free antivirus ? use
avast > *www.download.com/Avast-Home-Edition/3000-2239_4-10375520.html?tag=lst-0-1
or avg > *www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10342876.html?tag=lst-0-1

both are good and no need to buy one really ! 8)

been using above with good results !

theraven

Technomancer
i drather u mix and much
zonealarm firewall and kaspersky antivirus
IMPECABLE security

for antiviri u can check out the following
nod32
kaspersky
norton
in that order ...
nod32's detection rate might not be so gr8
but its awesome and very light on the system !

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Zone alarm security suite is better but its antivirus is poor. Why are you willing to use one single security suite. I use Zone alarm firewall and Antivir free antivirus. I have only 128MB RAM that is why I use Antivir. You can pay for Kaspersky antivirus and it has a very high detection rate. But if you are looking for the best, then Bitdefender will do. It is the VB100% logo award winner and rated as the best antivirus. But it is not free. And finally if you are really interested in using all in one solution then go for Kaspersky Personal Security Suite which is better than Zone Alarm Security Suite. :idea:

rohanbee

Padawan
CAn we use the zone alarm firewall with norton without any reprecussions??
Dont want the system to hang because of software incompatibility especially since norton also offers firewalling.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Dont use the Norton personal firewall. Just use their anti-virus and ZA it will work without any issues. I personally wouldnt reccomend Norton to anyone. Its just a resource hog and doesnt catch many of the viruses.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Sure, Norton is too resource hogger, my system perfomence dropped drastically when I used it. I just give it away and use Antivir because it is less resource hungry, yet powerful and fit perfectly in my 128MB RAM. But what is your opinion for those with plenty of RAM?

rohanbee

Padawan
what about macafee.....am using it on my laptop with its personal firewall............should i consider replacing it with zone alarm........

Gaurav

In the zone
rohanbee said:
CAn we use the zone alarm firewall with norton without any reprecussions??
Dont want the system to hang because of software incompatibility especially since norton also offers firewalling.

I am using ZoneAlarm Pro and Norton Antivirus 2002 for almost an year and they are working perfectly fine. No conflicts, no system freezing.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Norton antivirus is not so powerful antivirus in these days. Many other antivirus softwares (Free or Paid) do better than Norton.Since there is Zone alarm, there are less chances for virus infection from internet and so any antivirus may be good combination with it. Then is it nessory to use a resourse hungry one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom