Zone-Alarm users beware!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
sony, symantec, kaspersky usong rootkits...
and now this ! :evil:

...r v safe ? or r v under an illusion tat v r safe ! 8)

mohit sharma

Journeyman
well what a good thing they have told us , whome we can believe on for privacy ?? look at current google search issue !!!!!
if you want real privacy , just get your computer isolated for any outside wire !!!! lol !!!

or just take the task of making every software you use on ur own !!!!! hahahaha !!!!
back to basics works !!!!!!

anandk

Distinguished Member
yep, the net is buzzing with this issue ! it appears zonealarm IS spying on you, and sending back info to 4 difrnt servers.

check this out too
"A Perfect Spy? It seems that ZoneAlarm Security Suite has been
phoning home, even when told not to".
*weblog.infoworld.com/article/06/01/13/73792_03OPcringley_1.html

interesting discussion here too...
*www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=116345
i quote a thread "...Safe'N'Sec kept catching Zonealarm trying to
connect out to Zone Lab's servers, nevertheless after having my
suspicions confirmed I uninstalled Zonealarm..."

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
i think i will say the same as charangk,i also used za first and then went on for some others,
quite funny thing checkpoint ppl say its a bug and its only necessary to communicate to za servers for update and improving the firewall advisor.
What i said on their forum too was we know the difference b/w communicating to server for updates and communicating user's activities to isreali govt. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Note:i just saw their forum and they have posted a detailed account of their side,plz read it!
Link:Zonelabs-Forum

eddie

El mooooo
How can you people use something proprietary and then trust it to not do something funny? I really want to point-and-laugh but resisting. Its time for all of you to wake up and smell the coffee. World is not all goodie goodie. To top everything, ZA gives a MS like response. "Oh thaaaaaaaat...that is nothing!!! Its just a tracking dog collar. Believe me, its for your own protection."

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
Guys i use sygate firewall...
Does sygate also have such problems???

What ZA is doing is really bad. Thank god i am not using it.

Regards.....

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
till date....
i swear about it
it was the first firewall i had used

i feel like killing ZA

which firewall to use now?
~~~~~~~~~~~thinking~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if u know pls tell me

OP
LegendKiller

LegendKiller

In the zone
Dude sygate is bought by symantec now and it won't be able as a stand-alone anymore,,
Meanwhile,try outpost 3.5 which they pan to release in 1st week of feb,which i think will be tomm....
Anyhow you may also try kerio,which again is bought by sunbelt!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
lol, this comes 2 months after my system was removed of all the antis and fwalls.. another reason i am not gonna install it again.. jus dont feel the need to do so nowadays

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
iam using this freeware for such a long time....
need to switch to something else i think...
vote for it guys...which one ??
sygate,norton,mcafee etc.. ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom