Zone Alarm Alarming!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

salils

Journeyman
i've norton internet security 06, after i've installed Zone alarm so, it makes my lappy hanged for 10 sec appx.. and when i wanted to uninstall it, suddenly a windows error occured and my lappy was restarted now what shoould I do to uninstall it, its Pro licensed version..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Norton Internet Security (NIS) has its OWN Firewall, so its a big conflict going on in your laptop.

so disable NIS's firewall if you want to use ZAP.

but NIS is a very HEAVY on RAM & ZAP (v7) also takes up considerale amount of RAM (30+), so you're only making your lappy Slow.

either remove NIS or ZAP.

IMO un-install NIS & install "Active Virus Shield" or KAV & use it with ZAP.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Kick out that Norton... grow outta Norton... it sucks.. whatever-the-hell it does to lose weight... Get a free AV.. or if u really wanna spend money... check out Kapersky *i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/DianneOnly/wink3.gif

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I am sure that Norton Firewall has clashed with Zome Alarm Pro Firewall causing system instability. First try uninstalling Norton.

OP
S

salils

Journeyman
i've uninstalled norton still using sys restore or all other way it's not uninstalling.......

anandk

Distinguished Member
going into safe mode will NOT allow norton to uninstall itself. use the 'norton removal tool' in normal mode if u decide to uninstall norton. my nis 2007 uninstall went really smoothly with this tool.

if u choose to uninstall za, u may do so in safe mode.

btw just wanted to share that the latest ZA7 fw seems to be having some compatibility probls with avast av. so avast users better hold for some time b4 upgrading their za fw

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
anandk wrote-
"btw just wanted to share that the latest ZA7 fw seems to be having some compatibility probls with avast av. so avast users better hold for some time b4 upgrading their za fw"

In fact, I had faced the compatibility problem with ZA & Avast and posted it in the forum several months back. Since then I have been using AVG.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
anandk said:
btw just wanted to share that the latest ZA7 fw seems to be having some compatibility probls with avast av. so avast users better hold for some time b4 upgrading their za fw

I have no problems at all. That's becoz I have disabled all the real-time scanners except "standard scanner" in avast! Antivirus. Activating other shields always has some compatibility issues with Zone Alarm Firewall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom